Buschur turboback w/hfc & magnaflow - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Buschur turboback w/hfc & magnaflow

First off, very very light. The welds were excellent and the fitment was perfect. The o2 sensor bung is very close to the where the wire comes out underneath the car, so we zip tied the extra wire to keep it up and out of the way.

The pipe that goes into the muffler was a bit ovaled out and wouldn't fit. Seems to have gotten damaged in shipping. A few wacks of a mallet returned it to round and it fit perfectly. They didn't have any tips available when I bought the exhaust so its just running a straight 3" pipe out of the muffler. I actually like this, I've already had 3 cops pull behind me, look real hard at the muffler tip, shrug their shoulders and move on.

The exhaust was VERY loud after installation, but after 300 miles it has quieted down to near stock levels for highway cruising, slightly louder than stock for city stop and go, and "Hello how ya doin" loud at WOT. Since the install NO ONE has tried to cut me off on the highway and people tend to move out of my way when I come up behind them with a bit of throttle

Haven't been to a dyno or tuned, I have more things to do first.

Here is what I have noticed. Spool up is rediculously smooth, if I didn't have a boost guage I almost wouldn't know if I was making boost or not. The car rev's so much better its not even funny, I did my first (and hopefully ever) bounce off the rev limiter today coming off an on-ramp because it rev'd up so quick and smooth I didn't realize how fast it went up... and yes the mph was excellerating accordingly

So overrall I'm a happy camper. I'll probably be getting the SS 02 housing sooner or later, which I probably should have done with the exhaust but oh well... and the LICP.

I'm not sure I care for the Autometer guage I got with the Warrtalon package. I've never been a fan and I've never met anyone who has had one work longer than a few months... at least not acurrately. I may give it a try anyway since I have it though.

But I'd definately recommend the buchcur exhaust w/hfc and magnaflow. Just remember that for the first couple of hundred miles its very loud but will quiet down significantly after awhile at idle and light/moderate loades.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Glad to hear you like your exhaust.
If it's of any help, I've been running my autometer boost gauge for over a year with no problems. Maybe consider using a silicone vacuum hose instend of the plastic capilary line. The plastic line, IMO, is more difficult to install and more prone to kinks. You can get a brass nipple at most hardware stores that screws on the back of the gauge and the silicone line goes right on.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I've had my Autometer gauge the whole time, and it still works fine. They aren't top of the line, but they do work.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Glad to hear the good review since i was planning on getting that setup when i get my evo in the next few weeks here. As far as the gauge... i've had an autometer on my gsx for 3 years and it still works great
Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
How's the sound of the Magnaflow muffler? Deep or high pitched?

Can anyone compare it to the Apex N1 exhaust on an Eclipse?

I loved the way the N1 sounded, deeper, instead of the high pitched stuff that
you hear on a Honda or a NT Eclipse.

Can anyone compare the pitch of the Magnaflow to the Bullet?

Dennis
Old 06-26-2007, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've never heard an Evo that was high-pitched. The muffler doesn't really dictate that - it's the motor/turbo.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 329whp/305 lb-ft
Club Region: Midwest
I've heard Eclipse Turbo's sound like dirtbikes and then you have the N1 which was deeper.

Dennis
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't - they have all sounded very deep to me.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

It has a mellow tone, its not a civic.

Your headers will dictate mellow or raspy more than exhaust, based on whether they are equal length or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement