ETS or AMS - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: New England
ETS or AMS

ETS Mitsubishi Evolution 8 and 9 3.5" Intercooler Kit

Or

AMS EVO Front Mount Intercooler + AMS Lower IC Pipe

The ETS comes with FMIC, hoses, attachments, upper and lower piping for 899.00 this is 3.5" kit

AMS just FMIS, hoses, attachments and Lower intercooler piping for 930.00, this is 3.6" kit.

Obviously ETS comes with more, but being new to the Evo world, ive never heard of them. AMS ive heard of and seen it in the few evo's ive actually seen in my area. If i go with ETS, i will end up choosing the small battery kit as well because of the short route upper piping. Also wondering if i can get the wide intercooler that says is for a evo 9 for my evo 8??

Thanks.

Current mods are 2005 Evolution 8, GSR SSL. Full exhaust from exhaust manifold to muffler, no cats, Greddy BOV, Boost gauge with manual hallman controller, HKS 280 cams, AEM CAI, Act clutch and flywheel.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Honestly the upper intercooler pipe doesnt have any extreme gains. The lower intercooler pipe increases the speed of your turbo spooling. BUT, still, id go with the ETS intercooler kit. Being that the 3.5 is smaller than the 3.6, its not much of a size difference but the smaller the intercooler, the faster the spool because not as much air needs to fill that intercooler. That ETS intercooler kit would be your best bet because you wont have to worrt about paying for an upper intercooler pipe down the road.

Is that ACT clutch a single disc or a twin?

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 10-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
ETS!!!!!!! they make awesome products and the FMIC will fill out the bumper a little more then the AMS.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
ETS is a cheaper version of AMS basically. Works fine but their welds rust. My car has all AMS stuff, no rust, great power made.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I have never seen ETS's welds rust. I have seen the insides of the old pipes they used to offer rust, but since then i think they only offer powder coated and SS pipes with zero rust issues. My intake is perfect and other parts i have seen from them. AMS is so high dollar its just not worth it with the amount of options we have out there.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo View Post
I have never seen ETS's welds rust. I have seen the insides of the old pipes they used to offer rust, but since then i think they only offer powder coated and SS pipes with zero rust issues. My intake is perfect and other parts i have seen from them. AMS is so high dollar its just not worth it with the amount of options we have out there.
If that is the case then they have addressed the issue. AMS stuff is quite expensive, which is why all my stufff was purchased used. It fits perfectly and makes power.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
The issue was addressed. I looked for the article lastnight and I will again today after work. It was all over another forum. ETS had no idea in the beginning, and they dont use materials that rust on the inside anymore.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Southeast
I'm with SicLan on this, ETS is awesome. I'm running the ETS intercooler and piping on my car right now. Like he said, fills out the bumper nicely and has great fitment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement