Evo8+ fpevo green=400/362 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Evo8+ fpevo green=400/362

Just wanted to inform everyone that the fproced performance evo green turbo is simply amazing. The spool is near stock but it pulls like hell. I just laid down 400/362 to the wheels on STRAIGHT and ONLY 93 octane at a mere 21psi. The car got a new bottom end with stock CR, aem ems, full 3.5 tbe, ic + piping w/tial, hks 280's set at 0 0, o2 housing and mbc.
Attached Images

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Even for uncorrected that's really nice for 21psi and only 93 octane. Now it'll be nice to see some #'s out of it once a track opens back up near you.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
Congrats! Stock spool and all that power must be nice!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
The graph does not show stock spool, but I still think this is great power for pump gas and only 21psi. I look forward to seeing it at 28psi on race gas.

PS. I hate how Turbotrix REFUSES to show RPM instead of speed - it's so annoying.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I hate how people get to call 93 octane "pump gas." What does it do on Cali 91? That's what I want to know.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Things aren't to be measured by what they do on 91 pisstane!! =P

Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Things aren't to be measured by what they do on 91 pisstane!! =P
But damn, if that what I have at the pump... Oh the horror!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

So, I'm assuming torque and hp are crossing at 5250 as they normally do? Is this a 3rd gear pull then if @ approx. 57mph he's spinning 5250rpm? I didn't really pay attention to the speed thing before.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah, it's only a pull to 80-ish, so it has to be 3rd gear. Showing speed on the y-axis is very frustrating, because it's basically useless when trying to figure out spool and peak whp/wtq RPMs. Turbotrix ALWAYS DOES THIS even though we constantly complain about it - they just don't care for some reason.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Showing speed on the y-axis is very frustrating, because it's basically useless when trying to figure out spool and peak whp/wtq RPMs. Turbotrix ALWAYS DOES THIS even though we constantly complain about it - they just don't care for some reason.
They don't care; or they have something to hide.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Quote:
Yeah, it's only a pull to 80-ish, so it has to be 3rd gear. Showing speed on the y-axis is very frustrating, because it's basically useless when trying to figure out spool and peak whp/wtq RPMs. Turbotrix ALWAYS DOES THIS even though we constantly complain about it - they just don't care for some reason.

I agree, They did the same for my ride when it was tuned. Is there a mathematical equation to get the exact RPM? We know when HP=Torque it is what, 5225RPMS? So what is the Math constant to mutiply by to get the proper RPM reading.

I also don't like how it falls to 19PSI, it should hold a lot more on pump, 23 at the most and since it is more efficient it should be safe with 93 and proper bolt-ons/tuning. Do you think it has to do with the stock actuator or the Twin Scroll not being able to flow the exhaust gases at high rpms?

IDK, we need ras gas numbers and track numbers which I believe a LOT will be posted this summer.

Hey Warr, how far off stock is the spool?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I would also wana see one on a IX, I would immagine much faster spool and more torque.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

What did you mean when you were talking about falling to 19psi and should be holding 23? He's only running 21psi, so 23 is not even in the equation, and I didn't see him post a MAP sensor log showing the boost profile.

Using Winpep and looking at some of my old dynos, on 93oct with 20-ish psi, the initial point at which the torque climb stops (right around peak boost) is right at 40mph. This graph shows 44mph. When I switch to engine speed to show RPMs, i'm hitting that same spot at 3700rpm, and the 44mph mark is at 4100-4200rpm.

Another example is my 26psi alky dyno with cams at 6000' altitude where spool is drastically affected. On another Dynojet with the speed setting, I am reaching the top of the initial torque ramp-up at 44-45mph. So, this guy at 21psi is spooling about like my stocker with cams and alky with higher boost (takes longer to hit 26 than 21) at 6000' altitude. So, it's not like it's a slow-spooling turbo, but it's definitely not stock spool.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
What did you mean when you were talking about falling to 19psi and should be holding 23? He's only running 21psi, so 23 is not even in the equation, and I didn't see him post a MAP sensor log showing the boost profile.

Using Winpep and looking at some of my old dynos, on 93oct with 20-ish psi, the initial point at which the torque climb stops (right around peak boost) is right at 40mph. This graph shows 44mph. When I switch to engine speed to show RPMs, i'm hitting that same spot at 3700rpm, and the 44mph mark is at 4100-4200rpm.

Another example is my 26psi alky dyno with cams at 6000' altitude where spool is drastically affected. On another Dynojet with the speed setting, I am reaching the top of the initial torque ramp-up at 44-45mph. So, this guy at 21psi is spooling about like my stocker with cams and alky with higher boost (takes longer to hit 26 than 21) at 6000' altitude. So, it's not like it's a slow-spooling turbo, but it's definitely not stock spool.
Where in my post did I say it was set at 23PSI? I said it SHOULD be set to 23PSI and being a larger turbo it SHOULD hold 23PSI and be efficient enough to do so on pump gas. I then wondered if it had to do with using the stock Evo IX actuator or if it had to do with the stock twin scroll exhaust housing having to much back pressure to do so without being forced via an upgraded actuator. I believe the Stock Evo VIII or IX turbo won't hold much past 21PSI at redline, so I was hoping this Green could do it easily. This Turbo was set to 21PSI and did fall 2 PSI, we both know analog gauges aren't 100% accurate but I believe a fall in PSI was realized especially since power began to fall off instead of holding constant like say a AMS 50 Trim which would hold 21PSI and keep it there and make power until redline.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

You didn't say that either. Go read what you wrote. You may have meant to say that they should be running and holding 23psi, but it wasn't articulated very well. This guy is only running 21psi, so he claims, and he mentioned nothing about his boost falling 2 psi. Are you getting that from the EvoM thread maybe? There is no MAP sensor log showing the boost, so we don't know exactly what the boost is doing.

Anyway, you can't expect it to have the same boost profile as a 50-trim. A 50-trim will ramp up more slowly and later in the powerband, then hold it pretty flat if you're in the 21psi range. However, the 20g-lt is still just a 16g that has been modified - that will never change. The key is that it performs better than a stock version without sacrificing much spool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement