Evo8+ fpevo green=400/362 - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wonderful Self
I also don't like how it falls to 19PSI, it should hold a lot more on pump, 23 at the most and since it is more efficient it should be safe with 93 and proper bolt-ons/tuning. Do you think it has to do with the stock actuator or the Twin Scroll not being able to flow the exhaust gases at high rpms?
I said it should hold more, regardless of it being set to 21 or 23 and so on. Who knows with an analog gauge it but it was set to one psi and did fall to another PSI and power fell with it towards the end much like a stock turbo but with more power. I like 23PSI because it is generally the most achievable on 93 pump and I would like to see a turbo hold that amount, again like an AMS 50 Trim Kit.

Yeah I got the PSI drop from Evo M. I like that it makes 400WHP on pump with stock like spool, I was just hoping it would hold a solid 23PSI (Yes a map tested 23PSI) and bang out a 420WHP and hold steady boost until redline. I am not sure if it lacks the CFM's to do so or the hotside can't flow or it's simply poor boost control. It still impresses me and maybe with an upgraded actuator or possibly an 02 DUMP like Electric Evo's pump gas monster has it'll hold those PSI pressures without falling off. I would also assume that a 18PSI actuator would help spoolup?

Either way I would imagine it would spool much faster on the IX.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I personally think people get way too hung up on how much boost turbos hold. That's all you ever hear people talk about instead of just looking at the power. You can force any turbo to "hold" whatever boost you want - that doesn't mean it's efficient in doing so. Regardless of whether this turbo holds 18 or 28psi at redline, what really matters is how much MORE power it makes at the same boost levels as a regular 16g (or 20g). If it makes 40 more whp at 18psi than the others, then great...that's all that matters. Whether it holds the actual number of 21psi at 7500rpm or not is irrelevant. This turbo is not close to the size of a 50-trim and is never going to do as good a job of sustaining boost at high rpms. The total area under the curve in comparison to 16g/20g counterparts as well as larger turbos is what is going to determine its success, imo.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well lets see I will try to get it retuned for 23/24 psi but I wont want to push it and like how it has no knock at all right now. As far as race gas and track times those will come early march because its pointless to get a race tune while I cannot go to the track just to please the crowds. The turbo is not a 50 trim but at the same time it's def capable of similar power range and for daily driving is great. Turbotrix and the mph, no clue but I will ask if th next dyno can be in rpm because honestly I'd prefer that also. As we all know the spool can me adjusted with the degreeing of cam gears right now they are set at 0, might try to mess around to see where it gets me. Love the turbo Robert (Forced Performance) did a great job

Old 01-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

The powerband can be moved around with the cam gears, but I'm not sure how much you can affect spool (positively) with cam gears without losing valuable power up top.

I do look forward to the Spring when you can get the mega tune and hit the track.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I fixed the dyno chart for you to make it more understandable.

Keith
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2007, 05:52 AM   #21 (permalink)

Fourdoor's the man. Cool stuff and thank you.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Do you have stock wheels and tires on the car????

If not, then their dyno has a very obviouse calibration problem. The RPM's above are calculated based on stock wheels and tires.... and your point at wich HP and torque cross should be 5250 RPM.... but it is NOT!

Is turbotrix known for having a "high reading" or a "low reading" dynojet? This problem with their calibration would explain it in either case.... I am not going to do the thinking involved in figuring out what direction having the RPM calibration screwed up would fudge the results.

Seems like they know about it though, and that is why they always use "speed" instead of RPM on the bottom of the graph.

Keith
Old 02-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

stock wheels but 255's on all corners. The car won't put out anymore on just pump gas so I am sticking at this boost and pump since there is no knock. 100 oct tune comming sooner then you think.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Keith, TT results are usually at the top of the spectrum - quite high.

Blockhed, can't wait for the 100oct results...

Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

I dont think TT results are high, I've delt with them for numerous years and the numbers were always up to par with mods.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

I didn't say they were higher than they should be. I said they are high in response to Keith's question about how the TT dyno reads relative to other dynos. It definitely is one of the highest-reading ones out there. Most Dynojets are like that anyway...

Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhed79 View Post
stock wheels but 255's on all corners. The car won't put out anymore on just pump gas so I am sticking at this boost and pump since there is no knock. 100 oct tune comming sooner then you think.
255 what? Can't figure out diameter without all the numbers. So far I know you have 255/XX/17 tires... now fill in those X's and we will be good to go.

Keith
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

255/45/17... the race gas tune is coming sooner then expected.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

Also check out he videos of me vs 50trim+ meth on evom
Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhed79 View Post
255/45/17... the race gas tune is coming sooner then expected.
I did the calculations, and at 5200 RPM the difference in ground speed vs speed reading on the speedometer was 3 mph.... not enough to account for the huge calibration offset on the dyno.

We now know why that dyno reads high, and we know why the owners put results on a speed vs HP graph instead of an RPM vs HP based graph.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement