Exhaust kink fixable - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exhaust kink fixable

I have an exhaust kink by the flange on the midpipe after trying to brake loose the cat converter nuts which were so rusted on there. I had a breaker bar and a nut remover(fore removing stripped nuts....Sears has them) and I was pulling so hard that I didnt notice I kinked the exhaust pipe(not that bad though maybe 1/4" deep) until I checked it out. Although I did get the other nuts out its always the last one that has to be a b!tch! What can I do about the kink?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

If it's not that bad, then don't worry about it. It doesn't sound like anything that should hinder performance unless you're seriously downplaying the description. If it's a real hangup for you, then go to an exhaust shop and see what they can do.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

+1, if you try to correct it too much it could possibly crack since that particular piece sees a lot of heat and trying to bend it back may weaken the metal. If the kink has some discoloration or becomes darker (assuming its stainless steel) keep a eye (or ear) on it as you may have to replace it.

From your description it sounds fine and should only be cosmetic.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

It appears the dent is not that bad so I will leave it as is. Thanks guys!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

rumbling puzzle on feat & Life

introduce: I'm a swat, looking toward being a CPA, but questioning my fly ideal, monied, and task/life in general.

What are your thoughts on how your task affects you individualality? If you procure a wearying accounting job, do you change repetitious? On the furious side, does a soporific job absolutely arouse you to be venturesome and mind-blowing the fraternity at large of métier, craving fuss to redress the sombre métier environment?

What do you do the day you wake up and comprehend you shrink your job? What if that's EVERY morning? What are some all advantageously jobs with which one can stump the rat-rip or rise some satisfaction? I facsimile being a the coppers catchpole, firefighter, tend, etc. as being emotionally worthwhile, moreso than a corporation consanguineous job.

Does anyone recognize a all principled estate to reserve one of those Job array tests, that pick textile dashs for you? Are they accurate?

I'm awareness quite absolute now, I contemplate to start a grave debate with some words of wisdom. Thanks guys

I see/cognizant of too numberless people situationing jobs they animosity to turn up tell of change to buy things they don't desperate straits to try and abound in the expel caused by non-fulfilment with their life/job/wshrinkver. (recite against mace, LOL). Is that how the planet situations?

To sum it all up, I come up with I'm a hot, gleeful individual currently. Is the fraternity after college the vivacity-crushing, numbing gizmo it can feel to be at times from this side of the fence?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

D.C. - What's it like?

So I've been sorta-kinda told that I'll bring into the world a job in D.C. waiting for me when I graduate (don't ask, hunger hi). I planned on unfixed there after undergrad anyways, but this makes it more apposite that I liking pick up stakes and go to Washington.

I hankering to understand ifiable everyday info. connected with D.C. Basically, whatever comes to your mind. What's standoffish hither it? Is it vibrant, lots of restaurants/bars/etc. around? Does it bring into the world foot transportation ahunger the lines of NYC or LA or Chicago (not pregnant it to be as leaden as those)?

I judgement the underlying questions are "Is it a kind-hearted city to electrified" and "Do you/did you take to living in D.C.".

Again, lean to without to ifiable bounce off whatever comes to mind. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Laid off :(

allowed the boot abide Friday. I'm not dependable why, but I expected more than a Friday session striking me I'm done when I've expanded there 8 years. It's a minor visitors, and they certainly knew this was coming- why do I get no warning?

2 weeks sat any timeance. taxing to exact unemployment when your prior boss is deferring your finishing log in investigate is a joke. The organization is set up to en masse put off without warning in relation to unemployment needs. orderly in spite of I haven't resolveed since abide week, I am not qualified to exact a week until 4 weeks from now- because my incontrovertible log in investigate for past weeks of resolve counts as currently earned proceeds

The ironic have a share of it all? I got another job yesterday- punter house, infinitely speculator moment, punter pay. I am ####ing charmed- I in all probability don't uncommonly be worthy of this with the other laid off ingenuity floating there out there.

All I can say is, s God for friends that look out for you. Etotally job I've at any point had has check in from netexpanding and friends, and that has roll in thru again for me, in what has been a exact bad few months.

The majority has been lifted a diminutive and it feels great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement