Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum

Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum (https://www.evotuners.net/forums/index.php)
-   Bolt-On Power Mods (https://www.evotuners.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   gfb bov (https://www.evotuners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4034)

mcj13 09-07-2009 05:31 PM

gfb bov

i purchased a gfb fx bov and K&N typhoon intake system and after installing it, it started up just fine. giving it gas up to 3k and higher rpm's i would let off the gas and the engine cuts off. any ideas on whats wrong? oh and also have oil in my upper ic pipe and also in the mass air flow sensor. anyone know what could be causing these problems?

SicLanEvo 09-07-2009 06:35 PM

the oil is more then likely blow by, can be fixed with a proper catch can setup. the GFB BOV is adjustable right? if so it sounds like its too tight, it needs to be adjustaed properly. Opens without stalling under very low boost conditions and hold max psi under hard running conditions.

mcj13 09-07-2009 07:10 PM

yea the bov is adjustable. i have adjusted it every possible way and it still stalls. someone mentioned i might have to get it tuned for the BOV to work correctly?i didnt think such a small piece would require tuning.
i dont know if a catch can will fix the problem. i dont know much about the car yet because i just got it but if i put the stock bypass valve back on do you think it will run how it used to or will the intake affect it also?

mcj13 09-07-2009 07:30 PM

okay i fixed the stalling problem but now when i gun it once the boost kicks in it starts to tail off nd not hit maximum boost then it sputters??

SicLanEvo 09-07-2009 07:51 PM

maybe needs plugs and or your turbo seals are going bad, that may be the cause of the oil. your car needs to be tuned for the intake and make sure the BOV is recirculating, if its venting then that will cause stalling/idle issues.

mcj13 09-07-2009 08:23 PM

yea im going to go get it tuned sometime this week. the BOV is venting. im going to try and mess with it again tomorrow and see if i can get it running better. :dsm:

SicLanEvo 09-08-2009 09:15 AM

the venting is your whole issue. the car needs that air your letting off or else it runs way too rich....it messes up the fuel curve because your letting out air that was metered by your MAF sensor, this will cause stalling amongst other drivability/performance issues

please recirculate it and if you have a intake you will still hear it......just because it sounds cool doesn't mean it works....

SicLanEvo 09-08-2009 09:19 AM

go here [url=https://www.evotuners.net/forums/f2/]Newbie/General Forum - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum[/url]

search venting

mcj13 09-08-2009 03:25 PM

would there be another piece i would have to buy for it to recirculate?

SicLanEvo 09-09-2009 06:22 AM

Im not sure but most companys with the dual port style BOV's make a block off plate for the horn side and you just reroute the other side into the intake like its supposed to be.