go fast bits bov - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

go fast bits bov

I recently installed the gfb bov and i like it and its loud as hell, but wondering if anyone else likes it? I had the ssq before but never really that happy with it
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs444 View Post
I recently installed the gfb bov and i like it...
Who cares if other people like it?
You like it. Right?
It's your car. Rock it.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
Who cares if other people like it?
You like it. Right?
It's your car. Rock it.

I agree... if some one doesnt like it, f-em. its ur car do what u want

Old 03-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

That is what I say. I agree with you two on this one. What ever makes you happy on your car is what you should do.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Be sure that "making you happy" includes more than just the extreme loudness. Does it perform as well as a JDM MR DV? Would you know the difference if it didn't perform well? Generally, that is a terrible BOV on an Evo - just like the SSQV - so keep that in mind.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
I eliminated my DV all together, Compressor surge FTW.

JK.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

RiceMasters

Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Love it!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

i like the fact that just because i like the way it sounds, its automatically RICE. Its not all 100% performance. Carbon fiber hoods gets you lighter but in all likeliness its for looks. same for many things... by the way i have the hks idling stabilizer to eliminate stalling on the atmosphere bovs. It does perform well with my car, just wondering what others thought and if anyone else had one since it won “Best New Performance-Street Product” at sema.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't see where anyone called it rice, although that is definitely my thought on it - I just didn't say that. The only thing I said was "RiceMasters" as a direct reply to KenMasters...

Having to purchase an extra part (HKS EIDS) just to PARTIALLY make a VTA BOV work by masking the effect of why it screws up the MAF all for the purpose of SOUND is the pure definition of rice. You pay extra...a lot more than what a proper BOV would cost...to still not perform well as the stock BOV (sorry, I guess you don't know what is happening when you run VTA if you think it "performs well").

Regardless, I didn't call it rice or give you a hard time, but I see that it does fit in this case. Just to reiterate, doing a mod that reduces performance while spending extra money only to gain attention is the pure definition of rice. But, as the liberal folks have already said, if it "makes you happy," then who cares right? I miss the days of people doing proper mods to their Evos for the purpose of being faster, then going and actually racing them. Our group has quickly deteriorated into an embarassing compilation of showgirls, and it's really disappointing. Sorry for the rant, but the GFB is well known to be one of the worst BOVs for the Evo regardless of what SEMA thinks about it for other cars.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

serously.... you really think all of the mods you put on your car is 100% performance related? B.S. I'm not here to put people down, i was simply asking what people thought of the gfb and as with everything some will like and some will not. Why is momo still in business if they are making shift knobs that are for looks? why does greddy make an oil cap? why are there polished manifold covers? Because is different and yes looks great? Not everything is performance. I personally like the bov sound, you may not... don't jump to conclusions and hate for that? People are different. Warrtalon is that your graphite evo with a buschur and exedy sticker on it? How does a sticker help with performance? Why did you buy the grey evo, does it have more performance then the black or white? You probably liked the looks of it right? I personally like a speedy evo with some individuality and style to go along. By the way, your pics look great and that's your style to road race it, I like the drag strip and car shows!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Stickers are for race car only.....lol right JOSH....LMAO

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Don't bother to argue with him. He can't fathom the possibility that not everyone wants to race their Evos. I'll take showgirls as a compliment because I pride myself in my own mod path and car use. It's what makes me an individual, not a mindless automoton (see last sentence).

I have used 5 different BOV/Bypass Valves on my Evo and I currently have the GFB Stealth installed. It's pretty amazing that it's "Well Known" to be a bad valve because I've yet to hear that from anyone. I've dealt directly with GFB in Australia to make sure I had what they recommended as the proper settings. It takes some time to get adjusted just right but once you find the right settings you'll be stall/stutter free and hold boost as well as the stock valve. When I want to run high boost I switch to the Forge RS. I still have the stock DV and will swap it out from time to time if I get tired of hearing the noise (LOL right).

But as was said in the very beginning...to each their own. We don't all want to look and perform the same (must be the Marine training)
Old 03-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I for one love the idea of a dedicated autocross car, no less being able to afford the Evo for the cause. Purpose built cars are the best way to go IMO, I have spent nothing for appearence on my vehicle and am happy with my mod path as well. I do however have to give credit to the previous owner (my Boostbuddy.com Home Page ) for his choice of go fast bits and appearance. Hey did I just plug him? To each his own.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
OK, OK. Let's get back on the topic please. If you guys really want to hash it out; start a thread race vs. purpose built vs. daily driver, or something along those lines if you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement