Hallman pro mbc - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hallman pro mbc

I just put this boost controller in tonight and it works great spiked at 19 held 18-18.5 i'm not done i'll prolly turn it up to 21/20 or 22/21 but i had other things to do. up for hallman
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Great - much better than the TXS.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up

yes for sure its much more accurate

Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Okay i bought the hallman from my buddy and i believe the hallman pro only lets u go up 5psi over the wastegate, and that means i'm only gunna be able to boost up to 19 psi. So do i go and get a forge adjustable wastegate actuator to boost more ? Or what other options do i have?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

You can boost 22 safely but I say go get it tuned for the boost that you want. I am at 21 and falling to 19 and I have almost 50,000 on my turboVIII. You are burning rich and if you don't tune it it will just hurt you on profermance. So Flash your ECU and you will be much happier.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thats not what i was asking, i have the hallman mbc from my buddy and i believe the hallman pro only lets u go up 5psi over the wastegate, and that means i'm only gunna be able to boost up to 19 psi. So do i go and get a forge adjustable wastegate actuator to boost more? Or what other options do i have? I'm confused at how the tune will adjust my boost with boost control selonoid bypassed
Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The Hallman Pro RX (ceramic ball) sounds like it's the one that only goes 5 lbs. over stock. Are you sure this is the one you have? If so they claim that there is a heavier spring that should have came with it. Did you get it from your buddy? Install the heavier spring and you can add more boost.
http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.com/applic.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotuner04 View Post
I'm confused at how the tune will adjust my boost with boost control selonoid bypassed
Ususally the tune doesn't adjust your boost. That's why we use boost controllers. You set your boost first with the boost controller, then optimize the fuel and timing (tune it).

Old 10-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks i knew that a tune wouldn't fix boost, but i'll try and talk to hallman about it. My buddy said the heavier spring was in it which doesn't make sense
Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotuner04 View Post
Thanks i knew that a tune wouldn't fix boost, but i'll try and talk to hallman about it. My buddy said the heavier spring was in it which doesn't make sense
Listen carefully. You are burning rich straight from the factory, unless you get a tune you will not feel the extra boost. I was at the same plase you were at. My curves were way off. and it felt like it hit a wall at certain RPM's if you do increase the boost. I urge you to get it tuned it will make the car feel a hell of alot better. Also I was not sure about that MBC. Turbo is right tho.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

^^^That the hallman isn't a good choice or the turbo xs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement