hks turbo kits??/ anti turbo lag?? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

hks turbo kits??/ anti turbo lag??

hey guys umm quick couple of questions. these have been bothering me for a while!!
well i have been getting my car built for the last 2 months and its now come time for turbos, my mechanic advised me to get a hks 2853 turbo kit i have tried to look it up and do my RESEARCH on it but i have not yet come to find out how much power potential that turbo kit can i push out of it. does anyone know how much that turbo kit or anyturbo kit for our cars from hks can handel??.. and if it is even worth it for that price??...

P.S does anyone know about anti turbo lag. my friend said he saw a thread on it on a cobra fourms and i saw a video of it and it seems like something i might be looking into but not shure how much damage it will put on my car and how to get my hands on one. any info will help thanks guys
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

The best way to avoid turbo lag, about the only that I know of is to use a small fast spooling turbo. The more you free up exhaust, intercooler piping, etc will help also. If you are crazy and can figure out the piping and space issues you could use a small turbo to spool up a big one... Not really worth it.

What are you looking for in terms of whp? I'd be looking more into AMS and Buschur kits which have reliable hp numbers and good reliability records.

On the right setup you can push 450whp on an fpgreen. Relatively cheap, easy to install, spools fast. AMS and Buschur have a proven kit for every hp goal you can think of.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Sho evo, why do I have to keep saying this every time? You keep making posts about crazy crazy things based off what someone else told you, but they are way off base. I have never even heard of an HKS 2853 turbo, and you don't see any other Evos running HKS turbos, do you? Look at what all the fast cars are using...20G-LT, 50-trim, 3076, 3071, 35R, 37R, P67R, GT42R. If the person building your car actually suggested some random HKS turbo, then I would be fearing for the life of your car...that is scary.

As for ANTI-LAG, holy cow man...who do you hang out with? Someone you know said he saw it on a Cobra forum, and you thought it might be worth looking into? Lord have mercy, you will NOT be using anti-lag. It will destroy the turbo, and I can't imagine you knowing how to use it or ever being in a situation where you'd need to use it unless you plan to start rally racing.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

You guys need to get Warrtalon a specialized BOOMSTICK icon or something for when he wacks someone.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The HKS turbo kits are some quality stuff. The reason you don't see a lot of cars running them is because of price, but you definately get what you pay for. I know of one here in socal, had a hand in the install, and it went in great. It's actually the GT2835 kit;
https://www.evotuners.net/forums/memb...tposter&t=1156
Even with just a S-AFC this thing pulled nice, good spool, and it's the best turbo I've ever felt on 91 octane. The potential is 400whp on 100 octane+.
I can't comment on the antilag.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

dude turbolarry thanks man for the info...
i have seen many videos about the anti turbo lag on the evos and that guy seems to know what hes doin and i dnt think hes turbo got that sverly damaged...
we are all hear to learn about or cars right so since i dnt know alot about it. i come here to learn.

Last edited by turbolarry; 06-22-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Use a random HKS turbo and get anti-lag. I'd love to see the outcome. I look forward to the results.

I disagree with larry on the HKS kits - you do NOT get your money's worth. Not even close compared to AMS and Buschur (among others).

Last edited by turbolarry; 06-22-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
We are not here to post insults. If you have a problem with another member's comments take it to PM's.
We are also suppost to use good grammar, punctuation, and correct spelling.
With that said...
I welcome disagreement. I'm just sharing my personal experience with the kit. I wouldn't buy it, but some would and I can understand why. Even the nuts and bolts are pretty.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Antilag, absolutely not for daily driven cars, as it will tear a turbo up. It's a feature supported in most standalone ecus and some piggyback ecus . How it works is it creats a misfire which allows the turbo to remained spooled up between shifts. For racing, its great. Otherwise, don't bother unless you have extremely deep pockets and just want to look cool.

HKS does make some nice turbo kits, but boy are they pricey. If you want relatively low spoolup and am not looking to make monster power, the turbo you are looking at will do fine. I personally would go with the 3037S, but that's by preferance. Otherwise, there are other companies that make some pretty turbo kits that make good power.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Wow this is a first...something that Warrtalon has never read/heard about! I'm gonna mark this down on the calender! :-P

Anyways, HKS was one of the first companies to come out with a full turbo kit for the Evo back in 03. The 3037 was the one most companies sold but the 28 (Basically a disco-potato) was also an option. It's about the same size as a 20G with similar spool characteristics. This turbo is VERY popular with the SR20 crowd as it's very well suited for that motor.

Like I said before Warr, just because you don't know about it doesn't make it bad or wrong. Try a little tact, not everyone wants to do what "Clayton" does. It doesn't matter if he's asked crazy questions before. At least he has the common sense to ask. With your attitude I'm sure you drive people with lesser knowledge to point of not even wanting to ask questions for fear of backlash from you.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Shits stilll pretty cool LOL.............. But a 2 step is much safer....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgBAQCTsdvY
Old 06-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

hey guys thanks for the info and evolvd thansk for the support man. but yeah thanks that was the info i was just looking for. but thanks WANTED ur info really helps. i just though i would put this tread out here to see what u guys think about it because i bareley found out about it but thanks anyway man.

P.S you too turbolarry thanks for the info it really helped!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement