HTA 3582r vs twin scroll GT3582r vs FP RED - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question HTA 3582r vs twin scroll GT3582r vs FP RED

HI, I have been reading hundreds of threads and have been researching online for months but I am still somewhat new to turbos and I am learning. I have an EVO 9 with stock turbo, 255 wahlboro, AEM fuel rail, F-CON ecu, larger intercooler, wires and plugs, hks exhaust, and clutch. (with future plans on stocking and building motor)

I have a dilema here. I placed my order for the FP RED about a month ago. Forced performance said it would take about 2-4 weeks. However we had some showers here a few days ago and my upgraded manifold completely cracked!!
This made me question the FP RED since I wanted it mainly so I wouldn't have to upgrade everything, but now I am going to have to replace the manifold anyways. So i started looking at bigger turbos.

I have looked at everything. This car is not a daily driver, mostly a weekend/track car. But sometimes when my daily driver is at the shop I tend to use it for daily driving until my other car is ready.

I really like the twin scroll set-up with twin wastegates but apparently the faster spooling FP's HTA 3582r does not have readily available twin-scroll set-ups unless you get it custom made.
I was also interested in the HTA3586r but apprently it is just too laggy and not much difference in power to the HTA3582r
HTA3582r maxes at 700+ HP
I know full-race has twin-scroll set-ups for the GT3582R but as I have read the GT3582R is laggier and produces less power than the HTA version.

Will some one give me some tips or suggestions as to what i should do please.
Should I just go HTA single scroll? Get the twin scroll for the GT? Get a custom made manifold?? Or just stick with FP RED? OR...else
(FP RED maxes at 600 HP)

Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Check out Extreme Turbo Systems. They have some nice twin and single scroll kits with hta/gt/scm turbo options.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thats exactly what I did!
Twinscroll HTA86 Baby!!

Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sweet choice. Let us know how everything works out. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement