k&n drop in or buschur air filter kit?? - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

final decision

Ok, What would be the best air filter, cone filter, name brand to get as of right now? I'm going to make my final decision based on y'alls experiences and knowledge. Going to purchase one as soon as I get a solid response. I know K&N is a good filter. So far i've only researched Buschur and i know they make good power. Ams? Any other? What do you recommend? Give me prices and results. Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
I recommend not touching your intake. Why do you want one anyway? There are MUCH better ways to spend your money.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

need new filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
I recommend not touching your intake. Why do you want one anyway? There are MUCH better ways to spend your money.
I'm in need of a new filter and the one I wanted was the K&N which was about 70-80 bucks. If I could find something better at the same price. I would go for it. Right now, I'm debating on either a ams k&N cone filter and adapter kit for 60 bucks or a buschur for 80. Im leaning more on the AMS. What do yall think? On another note.. the manual boost controller seems to be the most popular. Could I get one and up the boost a bit or lader. thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06evors View Post
Ha, join the club my friend. Buschur FMIC, ported & coated manifold/o2, SS clutchline Buschur shifter bushings, B&M short shifter all sitting in my closet. Just waiting for it to stop raining here and snowing ?

Jared

I know what you mean. I was supposed to be working on my car a couple of weeks ago, but then winter decided to stay a little longer. This will be the first nice weekend we've had since the brief warm spell at the end of March/beginning of April.

I'll probably be doing the work myself (my father-in-law, who would have been able to help me a couple of weeks ago, now has his weekends all booked up until June), but the plus side is that I'll now have access to the body shop at work for the full weekend, which means a lift, air tools, etc.

If all goes well then, I'll be doing: Buschur TBE; Buschur LICP; Forge MBC; Buschur SS clutch line; Stoptech SS brake lines; rotating the tires; and changing the oil. The Buschur shifter bushings and Autometer boost gauge are already done, so the only thing left (unless I end up getting the Buschur air filter), after all this is the Walboro fuel pump, but I've got to wait for my fuel level to get down before tackling that.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06evors View Post
Ha, join the club my friend. Buschur FMIC, ported & coated manifold/o2, SS clutchline Buschur shifter bushings, B&M short shifter all sitting in my closet. Just waiting for it to stop raining here and snowing ?

Jared
I have my new "race" version of the Magnus motorsports sheet metal intake sitting next to me right now. I almost put it on a month ago when it was in the low 70's outside, but I did not expect another month of bad weather so I put it off until "next week".... then "next week" turned out to be 28 degrees for the high, with snow flurries!

I have been kicking myself for the past month, and now finally may have a chance to put it on

Back on topic, if you are planning on a tune to go with it you can't go wrong with the buschur cone filter, if you are not planning on a tune right away don't bother geting ANY filter upgrade until you plan on doing the tune. Also, I don't recomend putting in the fuel pump until you are ready for the tune, it makes you run even richer at WOT than you already do and in some cases (not all) throws a check engine light.

Keith
Old 04-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

testing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor View Post
I have my new "race" version of the Magnus motorsports sheet metal intake sitting next to me right now. I almost put it on a month ago when it was in the low 70's outside, but I did not expect another month of bad weather so I put it off until "next week".... then "next week" turned out to be 28 degrees for the high, with snow flurries!

I have been kicking myself for the past month, and now finally may have a chance to put it on

Back on topic, if you are planning on a tune to go with it you can't go wrong with the buschur cone filter, if you are not planning on a tune right away don't bother geting ANY filter upgrade until you plan on doing the tune. Also, I don't recomend putting in the fuel pump until you are ready for the tune, it makes you run even richer at WOT than you already do and in some cases (not all) throws a check engine light.

Keith
If I buy one, should I get the K&N cone filter with adapter for 60 or the BUscHuR for 80? which one is best? And Can I just put it on for a short term and reinstall the stock one until i actually go tune my car. Let me know! thankS
Old 04-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #22 (permalink)

You would not want to put on a new open air filter until you are tuned! In most cases it will make you car run badly.

You could however put a drop in K&N panel filter in without any problems, but no reason to do that if you are going to go to an open air in the future.

Switching back and forth between air box and open filter would not be good for the car. Please listen to all the people who are telling you not to do it unless you are tuned, we have nothing to gain from telling you this except keeping an EVO healthy!

Finally to answer your question about the K&N over Buschur, well that is preference but I personally purchased the Buschur filter for $80 plus the MAF pipe for $200 (They offer a package for $250). The package will basically replace your entire Intake versus just getting the filter which leaves the stock MAF pipe. The new MAF pipe smooths the out the air as it enters the turbo. The Buschur Intake with a tune has had tremendous success and has dyno proven results.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #23 (permalink)

Buy now, install later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdav79 View Post
You would not want to put on a new open air filter until you are tuned! In most cases it will make you car run badly.

You could however put a drop in K&N panel filter in without any problems, but no reason to do that if you are going to go to an open air in the future.

Switching back and forth between air box and open filter would not be good for the car. Please listen to all the people who are telling you not to do it unless you are tuned, we have nothing to gain from telling you this except keeping an EVO healthy!

Finally to answer your question about the K&N over Buschur, well that is preference but I personally purchased the Buschur filter for $80 plus the MAF pipe for $200 (They offer a package for $250). The package will basically replace your entire Intake versus just getting the filter which leaves the stock MAF pipe. The new MAF pipe smooths the out the air as it enters the turbo. The Buschur Intake with a tune has had tremendous success and has dyno proven results.
Tuning costs so much. For now, I guess I will just purchase things along the way and tune all of them at the same time. Now I need to find a tuner near me. One who know's what he or she is doing. Let me know whatsup. Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

Tuning is not expensive at all relative to other mods. The HP/$ is better than any mod out there except for maybe an MBC.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Tuning is not expensive at all relative to other mods. The HP/$ is better than any mod out there except for maybe an MBC.

what are sum recommended tuners and contacts I can look into? Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

check out dynoflash. 50 bucks for an email tune. all you need is a tactirx cable and ecuflash. cable is 90$ and ecuflash is free.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

tune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinpsi View Post
check out dynoflash. 50 bucks for an email tune. all you need is a tactirx cable and ecuflash. cable is 90$ and ecuflash is free.
aite, hook me up wif sum links. imma look more into it. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info....d0b98fc48094a5

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=EcuFlash

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/ <--datalogger. not required but suggested. costs like 15$

www.dynoflash.com email him about etunes.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have all of this listed in my EcuFlash tutorial.

Yangs, please do not type like that. Type normally with proper English.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Warrtalon, where is your ECUflash tutorial? Thanks, gapecans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement