K&N Gave Me Bad MPG - Page 4 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #46 (permalink)

I never said that it was a good design i just said that i would think that k&n wouldnt have done it for no reason it just doesnt make sense waste of there money and time having it there. I would like to hear from others that have the k&n and see if they have had problems .. I can start a new post if anyone wishs to me or just let it be here. I really am not trying to fight this be the point of saying its the best one out there. I just have done some searching and really havent pulled anything up on hard fact its just dont use it dont dont it the bad. Thats why i ask. Please put any links to it or send me anything you have!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #47 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
There are about 1000 thousand links on EvoM if you want to go there...

Old 07-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #48 (permalink)

im there and i asure you there arent 1000 lol im going through them right now.. im at work so it will take me a while but i have found 2 far and havent read them yet doing it right now. Just a FYI I will never buy anything from buschur racing because of you and the stories i have read!! you guys have very bad attitudes. And wow you have been so much help with this topic.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4586 View Post
im there and i asure you there arent 1000 lol im going through them right now.. im at work so it will take me a while but i have found 2 far and havent read them yet doing it right now. Just a FYI I will never buy anything from buschur racing because of you and the stories i have read!! you guys have very bad attitudes. And wow you have been so much help with this topic.
You'll argue 'till you're blue in the face in defense of a part that is known to have issues on our cars, yet you refuse to ever buy other parts (that are proven to be effective, mind you) because you don't like the attitude of a poster on a messageboard?

You do realize that sounds a little... weird?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #50 (permalink)

There are many other parts beside the ones from BR and im not saying it doesnt have problem im just looking to see where the problem is and if i can fix it with out buy any new parts. Maybe i can cut off the metal flap or something alot that lines. But on the other hand im not haveing any problems boosting 19psi and all of that.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4586 View Post
Uh, ok. You're welcome for being notified of a problem on your car even though you don't notice it. Not buying parts from BR because of me is childish, but there are many children out there, so I'm not surprised.

Quote:
There are many other parts beside the ones from BR and im not saying it doesnt have problem im just looking to see where the problem is and if i can fix it with out buy any new parts. Maybe i can cut off the metal flap or something alot that lines. But on the other hand im not haveing any problems boosting 19psi and all of that.
You don't have to buy anything else. Just put your stock MAF pipe back on, and the car will thank you for it. That part doesn't even need to be upgraded anyway...

Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #52 (permalink)

And second you keep saying that it is a proven fact but i am haveing trouble finding this cold hard fact. That is what is pissing me off the most you wont show me where it is if there is any at all. I have yet to see any flow tests or anything and there are 1000s of post out there you think i should be able to find one then! Im sure someone will true around and say some B.S. that im not looking in the right places or im stupid something like that but whatever i have looked, and have asked for the info if someone has it. Now i guess im stupid then huh for asking for this infomation.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #53 (permalink)

It isnt childish to not buy parts from somewhere that you have heard bad reviews. I want to buy parts from places that have good reivews. dyno flash is one of the worst places i have read about here.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #54 (permalink)

Here's the main thread that comes to mind:

K & N Typhoon Intake advisory!!!!!!

There's probably others, but this is the one that comes to mind first.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #55 (permalink)

Sorry this is getting very much off topic!! All I want is the cold hard facts. Are there any test or anything? I have found one post that dyno flash did that says that there were three evo that where running like sh!t other then that all the other post just says dont get it its bad. and the post from dyno flash has no proof. just says it was taken off and run great again.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #56 (permalink)

yes and if you read it some of the things wrong are stalling when coming to a stop sign but hey guess what... poeple have reported the same problem with aem...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #57 (permalink)

I have read the threads over 2+ years of having my Evo, so pardon me for not wanting to go dig up all the threads for you. Also, what does Dynoflash have to do with you buying Buschur parts? You are just being acting up if you think Buschur is a place with "bad reviews." You should get your facts straight before mouthing off, and if you don't trust what I say about the K&N and will only believe me if I do the research for you to find the tons of examples, then so be it. I'd actually prefer now if you keep the Typhoon on your car...

Old 07-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #58 (permalink)

When i get done with work today i will put the stock pipe back in and see if there is any difference. I am going to try and get some pics and is if there is any way to remove the metal flap. Does anyone know if K&n had made any revisons to the intake mine is only 2 months old. Third im going to call K&N and see if i can talk with anyone about this. Not sure when this is going to happen. also i will not mod my pipe till i have hard facts in front of me. I would like to Thank anyone that has has help and has input on these. Truely im just trying to get the facts sorry if i come off as trying to say that there isnt any problems with these because i dont know and but i havent had any problems.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #59 (permalink)

I know that people have talked to them and have not gotten any favorable responses from K&N. Again, that's based on the many threads on EvoM, but I am not inclined to go dig them all up. It's likely that when you call, they will say my assertions are absurd and that they showed a proven gain of 14HP (yadda yadda). Or, they might recognize that they've received calls but that they have no plans to change the design.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #60 (permalink)

I will not say anything about you saying this or me even getting this off line i will say that my car is have X problems and what to do... Also reading i have found that it could because poeple havent installed them all the way.. not putting the recircleing hose in enough ot putting in too much something along that lines. There are a few poeple in the post that have hard it for year with out problems and ones that have cut the metal flap off and still had problems which kind of kills the idea that its the metal flap that is the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement