K&N Gave Me Bad MPG - Page 5 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #61 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Yeah, it's fine. Keep using it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #62 (permalink)

I am still going to but the stock pipe in just to see because i went from the stock box to the k&n and didnt really make much difference other than the sound... i do my own tuning and i know my a/f was reading rich when i had it on the stock map.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #63 (permalink)

Lucky, don't let Warrtalon get under your skin. His idea of helping is by telling you what to do without actually showing you why it's good or bad.

I'm sure many people have heard bad things about K&N's typhoon as have I. But I sure as hell can't recall any dynomometer testing to prove it...

As for BR, they do have good products and I understand your mode of thinking.

So back on topic. My suggestion is if you still have problems with your typhoon pipe try reinstalling your stock pipe and see if the problem corrects itself. If so then you know that there is certainly a design flaw in the typhoon set up. You might try just using the K&N cone filter since you already have it. I have a MAF adapter that you can use to mount the cone to the MAF. Keep us updated on your progress.

And Clayton, do the young guys a favor and answer questions that you can personally back up your opinion on. Saying "1000's of posts" does absolutely nothing to help Lucky out. If you have enough time to complain about his choice of mods then you certainly have enough time to do a quick search and post links with relevant data. Otherwise, just keep your opinions to yourself.

Edited my edited post....

Last edited by Evolvd; 07-03-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #64 (permalink)

Any updates on the original issue?

Last edited by turbolarry; 07-03-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
Ok I got lost... what is going wrong with this intake?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #66 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I avoid evom like the plague, so whatever goes down over there I can't say. The place sucks donley d!ck anyways, too much BS, vendors post what ever lies they want just to make a buck... I stop now with the rant.
Our data base is kinda limited (so keep posting fellas );
xEviLxVIIIx's post here and a few others;

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=14679.0

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...7&topic=7180.0

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...7&topic=5542.0

lucky4586, if you have no problems with it, who cares what everyone else says. If it works for you and makes you happy, rock it.
Watch the arguing. If I have to clean up more posts here, warnings will be going out to offenders. Keep it clean and back up what you say with a link to your facts.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #67 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Send a message via AIM to element3927
I just took out the K&N Typhoon pipe and reinstalled my stock air pipe. Definitely noticed a huge difference! I also took a look at the stupid metal flap sitting in the K&N pipe that serves only to block the full amount of air that should be flowing into your turbocharger intake. Wish I had looked at the site reviews before I bought it! Anyhow, you will probably feel a difference with the stock pipe in lucky, so, once you get the stock guy on there, leave him on.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #68 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
And Clayton, do the young guys a favor and answer questions that you can personally back up your opinion on. Saying "1000's of posts" does absolutely nothing to help Lucky out. If you have enough time to complain about his choice of mods then you certainly have enough time to do a quick search and post links with relevant data. Otherwise, just keep your opinions to yourself.
Excuse me? I'm sorry, but since when is someone obligated to do all of the searching and show all of the data every time they comment? I don't see you posting multiple links with proof everytime you give opinions. You must not have thought this comment out all the way...

I _can_ personally backup my "opinion" on this matter, because I have helped people time and time again by explaining to them what is wrong and showing them how to fix it. One PERFECT example is the person right above me who I just met at our most recent meet. Evan now is free of the Typhoon plague, and luckily, it did not require me going and searching for him. Phew, imagine if I had to do that every time I helped someone. What a crock that is. Also, my "opinion" on the Typhoon is a FACT. It is not an opinion in the least...

Old 07-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #69 (permalink)

I never told you to do the searching. I said you should try helping someone instead of bashing them for thier choice of parts and then not giving them any help in the first place. And I don't need to post multiple links because I'm not the one saying "1000's of posts". I state exactly what I know for fact and if I don't know it for fact or I "heard it from someone else" I also let that be known.

I am fully aware of the affect of the Typhoon. I never said it wasn't a bad part however... how bout you provide some proof when it comes to modifications. If you don't feel the inclination to show someone proof that a certain mod is bad for their car then just keep your hands off the keyboard.

You'd get much more respect and admiration from the newer folks if you treated them like human beings. Everyone, INCLUDING YOU was a newbie at one point in their life.

Last edited by turbolarry; 07-05-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: No personal attacks or insults.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement