looking into turbo upgrade soon need some input - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

looking into turbo upgrade soon need some input

well im thinking of buying a turbo kit/upgrade soon not sure what would be best for my car. anybody have any ideas on which company and turbo to go with I want to achieve close to 500whp or a little more. I already have a bunch of mods including cams and TBE intake, ams front mount, and a bunch more. just wanted to see if someone can point me in the right direction.Also what other supporting mods would i need that most likely would not come with the turbo kit? Thanks guys
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Evolutio-8 View Post
well im thinking of buying a turbo kit/upgrade soon not sure what would be best for my car. anybody have any ideas on which company and turbo to go with I want to achieve close to 500whp or a little more. I already have a bunch of mods including cams and TBE intake, ams front mount, and a bunch more. just wanted to see if someone can point me in the right direction.Also what other supporting mods would i need that most likely would not come with the turbo kit? Thanks guys
Are you looking for 500hp on pump, pump/meth or race gas? Difference being a number of turbos.

A 3076 (GT30) will get you over 500 with pump/meth or race gas with proper tuning. You can get 500 hp out of a GT35R on pump gas. Something else you haven't mentioned is are you planning on building your bottom end? That much horsepower will take it's toll on the stock bottom. Not saying you can't do it but that's a power level that will most likely cause you some problems if you run into a poor tank of gas and you decide to romp on it. Also you're pushing the limits of the stock ECU at that HP level. Are you planning to use aftermarket engine management?

There's a lot more to your question than just "what turbo".
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok well that was what i was looking for so before I upgrade the turbo It would be wise to fully build the motor especially cause I need reliable power. Thanks for the input. Ill probly end up waiting on the turbo upgrade and try to get the most I can with the stock turbo. Thanks. Also any thoughts on the alky/meth injection and maf translator to get more power out of my current setup? or any other mods I could possible do? My mods should be listed on my profile.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

We have almost the same setup. I just haven't installed my Cams. The only other thing I have that you don't is Snow Performance Meth and Cam Gears. (Not installed but will soon) I just bought a IX turbo which I'm bout to take out and go green.

What kind of boost controller are you running?
Old 07-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Iam usuing the greddy profec b spec II. and have a forge MBC in the tool box for a backup.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
AMS 3076R I ran it last year and loved it, Run E-85 or race gas and call it a day that will put you 500awhp +... all though if you are going to run the stock block don't get to crazy with it or you will be building a motor very very soon, and plan on getting springs, retainers etc...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

I plan on waiting for now on the Turbo upgrade. I want to port the head and build the bottom end before I do it so that I dont have any issues. Upgraded Valvetrain is on its way here so thats not an issue anyway. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

What did you get? What are the plans for the bottom end?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey I just found out that the valvetrain is back-ordered. I was trying to get the Brian crower set. My friend works at a performance shop and is getting it dirt cheap. What do you think about that brand? I havent really thought much about the bottom end. I dont know too much about bottom end parts. What are you thinking on the lines of the Bottom?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

There are better options than BC, in my opinion
Old 07-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

so what do you recomend? supertech? what? i havent paid for them yet so i still have the option to buy else where
Old 07-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Yeah super tech dual springs and retainers are great... or cosworth.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

ok that was my first choice but the guys at my buddys shop said to use BC stuff. well thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement