Making my game plan for new turbo setup. Input welcome! - Page 5 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #61 (permalink)

Nice looking setup. Although I've never been to keen on UPS leaving boxes on my door like that.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 AM   #62 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
Last night I got all the fittings hooked up to the Meth Tanks and pumps and also got the Sway bar on and all the carpet fitted back in. Everything else will start going in the car Tuesday when Justin gets here and we should be on the Dyno Thursday in Denver for anyone who may want to come and see it.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #63 (permalink)

http://www.hirevperformance.net/fuelinjectors10.html

pretty cheap ones over here. I emailed those guys and they are still working on the site, but they said that if you need something to email them and they will ship it out to you. The site is supposed to go live soon.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #64 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

I have had some for weeks thanks though.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #65 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Got the old turbo pulled out last night and the AMS 3076R fitted in here is what it looks like so far,

Old 05-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #66 (permalink)

I'm getting a bit excited about working on this POS now.. I just hope we can make 300whp with it..
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #67 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

300 yeah I think thats shooting a bit high.... I was hoping for about 250whp
Old 05-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEB View Post
300 yeah I think thats shooting a bit high.... I was hoping for about 250whp

Umm where is your battery, the trunk?

Jared
Old 05-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Yeah, I later asked if you had some special scheme with changing the exhaust cam timing on a IX...

I recommend 880s, because there's no downside and because at lower altitudes, he would be able to max out 780s on that 50-trim, and he'd be able to upgrade to a larger turbo later. They don't cost any extra, so it's not a bad idea.
I have yet to max out my 780's with my 50 trim and boost set to 28psi. My tune was done in Fayetteville, NC which has a elevation of 217 feet above sea level. In fact 780's are good to approx. 550 hp from my research.

JohnEB- I talked to Justin this weekend and he said he was helping someone with a kit/clutch install. I'm assuming it is you? Congrats on the AMS purchase. I have a lot of AMS products (50 trim, TBE, P/P Head, etc) and I have nothing but good times with it. (Ask Justin about the ticket LOL)
Old 05-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06evors View Post

Umm where is your battery, the trunk?

Jared

Jared,

No just waiting on the Nisei Mini Bat Kit it will be here tomorrow.

John
Old 05-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #71 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #72 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflyjmysnk View Post
I'm not a big fan of anything that uses water, as water puts out fire, internal combustion engine, you get the idea.

You will make more power with pure alcohol, if you go to the track and talk to the big dog domestic guys they don't use water.

Alky is used for detonation suppression, and it will cool your intake charge. I've seen some cars at the track that use don't use intercoolers since the meth alchohol cools down the intake charge, it will burn hotter, but as long as you check your oil and change as needed it won't
cause any more wear and tear that wouldn't be expected from doubling the factory hp.

I don't really understand why the water mix kits have gotten more popular, from what I've seen they don't make as much power, even if the manufacturer say 50/50 makes the most power. If that was the case most pro am cars wouldn't be using pure methanol kits. Of course the people that do buy them and put them on their cars are going to say there are great, kinda like the suspension thing above.

I hope I'm not coming off as a dick, I am just trying to be informative as it seems a lot of misinformation about water inj/meth kits has been floating around.

I'm not a expert on alcohol injection, I paid to have mine setup and tuned, but all the tuners and shops that I have talked to recommend the pure alky kits, and I look at what they have on their shop cars, not what overstock they are trying to pawn off.

The aquamist isn't specifically tailored to the evo, as it is a universal kit.
The alkycontrol kit comes with oem fit parts for the evo, and is setup specifically for the evo, and I believe the snow kit is as well.

The evo 9 alkycontrol kit with a 3 bar sensor isn't much cheaper if any than the aquamist kit, I can't really seeing it being any more "complete" as it has everything you need with the kit besides a guy with a laptop and tactrix cable to pull some fuel out of your tune to hit a 10.8afr

No I dont understand what your saying.... the point of meth injection is not to create fire its to cool intake charge temps.....
Old 05-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #73 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
the point of meth injection is not to create fire its to cool intake charge temps.....
And to burn in the cylinder as fuel, thus raising the effective octane, thus allowing higher boost and more aggressive tuning. Water cools better than meth but doesn't have near the power potential, because it does not burn as fuel, so it does not raise the effective octane. We use meth or alky for the greater benefit of octane along with the lesser benefit of intake charge cooling.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #74 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
I have yet to max out my 780's with my 50 trim and boost set to 28psi. My tune was done in Fayetteville, NC which has a elevation of 217 feet above sea level. In fact 780's are good to approx. 550 hp from my research.
And yet again, there is no downside to the 880s while providing a larger buffer for later situations. You may not be maxing yours out, but others have. 780s aren't that big, and 880s are recommended for a 50-trim. Plus, now he has an even bigger turbo in place of the 50-trim, which again was part of my point.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:35 AM   #75 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEB View Post
No I dont understand what your saying.... the point of meth injection is not to create fire its to cool intake charge temps.....

The point of meth is detonation suppression, although it will cool intake temps the primary function is to raise octane so higher boost can be used.

Long and short of it is you will make more power using 100% methanol than a water/meth mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement