megan racing! - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Well since your looking for a cheap exhaust then megan is probably what you'll want. There are cheaper exhausts than AMS out there. They make a quality product but Buschurs is cheaper and just as good.

Jared
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #32 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangs4ever4g63 View Post
hey, I'm looking for a budgeted exhaust. I"ve narrowed it down to ams or megan. my price range is about 500 the MOST. I've heard alot about the Megan. I might end up getting that since it sounds tempting. I'm not aiming for the top of the line parts and performance right now. I would just like a well balanced exhaust system. If you guys can guide me in where i can find a good exhaust, price, and website. Let me know! Thanks
I'm not sure how you narrowed it down to AMS and Megan when the AMS TBE is $1000. Megan is $600. You're trying to get a full exhaust for $500? You'll need to hit up Ebay or buy used.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
http://www.machevo.com/ststcaex.html
http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2040&
http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=5050&
.. or wer you looking for a full turbo back?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

I pick MEGAN!

Megan seems to be the best balanced choice for my budget. I'm just looking for a full exhaust system that isn't too much and too less in every way. Megan seems well suitable for a period of time. There are alot of different prices listed in many websites. Which one should I trust and purchase if i decide to? The official site is selling it for about 450. Cheapest so far is about 379. How can we tell if they are selling the real deal? Does Megan offer a turbo back system? I"ve seen one for sell on ebay, it has more parts compared to the 3 piece catback turbo type. Guide me with some trustworthy websites and prices. thanks!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

That's the problem...you must be talking about just the cat-back. That's a completely different story. Yes, Megan has a full TBE, and it only costs $550-600. Cat-backs don't do much - you need a full exhaust.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #36 (permalink)

official seller

Im looking for a safe and secure website where I can purchase the Megan TBE. The real deal! The megan official sites only show the catbacks. Any advice?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Megan DP ($140), TP ($65), and catback ($345) are all right here;
http://www.boneheadperformance.com/evo/evo_exhaust.htm
... throw in the O2 housing ($120) is you really want to go all out.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #38 (permalink)

preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
Megan DP ($140), TP ($65), and catback ($345) are all right here;
http://www.boneheadperformance.com/evo/evo_exhaust.htm
... throw in the O2 housing ($120) is you really want to go all out.
Hmm..its only showing the catback system. I know turboback would be the best choice. Where can I find a turboback or could I just buy a catback and add my own testpiping or any other downpipes to equal a turboback? Let me know..
Old 05-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #39 (permalink)

any catback + downpipe and testpipe = turbo back. doesnt have to be all the same company. most will mate up. unless you get a vband pipe then you need vbanded other stuff.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #40 (permalink)

1st full exhaust purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinpsi View Post
any catback + downpipe and testpipe = turbo back. doesnt have to be all the same company. most will mate up. unless you get a vband pipe then you need vbanded other stuff.
Alright! This will be my 1st full exhaust purchase onto a car! I just want to make sure things go along the right path. If I get the Megan full catback system. Doesn't that also come with the downpipe. It should be the full thing. I know it comes in three parts and the turboback comes in four parts. Basically from what i've heard, I can purchase the full Megan catback exhaust system and add a downpipe AND testpipe to make it into a turboback system. I would probably get all megan parts unless you guys know of a great combo I can try out. If I am on point with this, then I can just purchase the turbo type series for 345 or lower and then buy the testpipe and downpipe later. Sounds good? Also If i do install the exhaust system. Do i still require a tune right after? Thanks
Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #41 (permalink)

Cat-back is cat-back...that means it's behind the cat, so of course it doesn't include a downpipe, which is in front of the cat.

As was already mentioned, the turboback consists of a downpipe, cat replacement, and cat-back...that's 3 parts.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

turboback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Cat-back is cat-back...that means it's behind the cat, so of course it doesn't include a downpipe, which is in front of the cat.

As was already mentioned, the turboback consists of a downpipe, cat replacement, and cat-back...that's 3 parts.
Alright, I'mma just get the whole turboback system from blouch site. I still need a tune? I think Imma just get the K&N drop in but if i need a tune then imma just go ahead and buy the cone filters then TUNE. Let me know.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #43 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Midwest
i got the megan turboback system for $550 shipped to my door steps. my only other mod is the k&n drop in filter. u don't NEED a tune as of yet. i will get a tune once i get an mbc and the walbro. also, u dont need an intake/cone filter of any kind yet.

p.s. if ur counting it piece by piece then with the megan turboback u should get 5 pipes total. 1 down pipe, 1 resonated test pipe, and the cat back is 3 pipes.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #44 (permalink)

Tbe exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluckyp View Post
i got the megan turboback system for $550 shipped to my door steps. my only other mod is the k&n drop in filter. u don't NEED a tune as of yet. i will get a tune once i get an mbc and the walbro. also, u dont need an intake/cone filter of any kind yet.

p.s. if ur counting it piece by piece then with the megan turboback u should get 5 pipes total. 1 down pipe, 1 resonated test pipe, and the cat back is 3 pipes.
Thanks for your advice! I'm looking forward to buying a TBE in the near future. So far, I've narrowed it down to the Megan TBE for 550 plus shipping If I choose to stay budgeted. But if I want to go even further, then I might get the Buschur TBE with the Magnaflow muffler to stay looking decent with my Evo8. I wouldn't mind getting the HKS Ti-C nor the Greddy Full Ti-C because I'm not all that crazed about trying to be super fast. As long as I *HAVE* a above average Evo8 and can hang alittle better with our superiors; I'm GOOD!! Thanks for your input and suggestions. I don't think it would be a problem to not tune after awhile because you would really only need to tune it if your often racing and need the highest peak of hp&tq available asap. I usually just cruise and rarely race when it counts the most in my theory. But yea, I'll let y'all know what goes on in the future for me and my Evo8. Merci~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement