Mitsubishi and Chrysler / Call em out - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mitsubishi and Chrysler / Call em out

I'm an American car guy through and through and have always drove american. Does Chrysler still have a stake in Mitsubishi? I might look at an EVO if they do. I know alot of foreign cars are made here in the states but it is tough to drive anything else if your whole family works for the Big 3.

Call em out, this is hilarious.

The Douche List - Exposing Douche Bags Daily
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
No, there is nothing American about the Evo and it's build. The Diamond Star program ended years ago.

Your profile says you have an Evo?

Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

I know the profile says that but just becuase it made me select a year when I started my profile. I figured that this site would be the best place to ask some questions about the EVO. I'm interested in the car but not sure if I am going to get one or not.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well, what interests you and what are your goals? You can see my drag results on the left, and that's with the stock turbo, stock motor, and stock head except for cams while at 5000' elevation.

What's best is drag racing is its weakest suit. It is built more for autocross and road racing, both of which I excel at beyond drag racing. It is my daily driver with full interior and a Recaro baby seat in the back for my 2yo. It's AWD, so I drive it 365 days a year in any weather conditions. Consider this list:

- 4-door with plenty of space for family
- Year-round driveability (dry, wet, snow)
- Simple daily driver
- Badass drag car
- Badass autocross car
- Badass road racing car
- All with an untouched motor, stock valvetrain/head, and OEM turbo

Hard to find a car that does all of that.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the run down on that last opinion..... I have my 3 choices narrowed down to:

Vette
EVO
WRX

not sure what way I'm goin yet
Old 08-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdouche View Post
Thanks for the run down on that last opinion..... I have my 3 choices narrowed down to:

Vette
EVO
WRX

kinda a broad spectrum right there!

cheap (WRX)
not so cheap (EVO)
def. not cheap (vette)

stock vs stock, evo's can hang vettes in a straight line, and pretty much out do them at everything else.

standard WRX doesn't even come close except for ease of use. But it is owned by fuji, which is owned by GM, might help save you from your family hating you
Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

surprising you bought american and still want one after owning one. unless it's a diesel truck why bother with the big 3?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdouche View Post

Vette
EVO
WRX

Well, unless you meant STi instead of WRX, then those 3 cars all serve different purposes. The WRX is a sporty lil thang with owners ranging from young kids who dream of having an STi to regular mothers and random other folks who didn't really realize that what they were getting was anything more than an Impreza. It's quick, easy to mod, looks dumpy, and can be a nice daily driver.

The Vette is really a badass of badasses. The C5 is at the bottom of the heap of current Vettes, but it's still a badass. Go up the wrong with C6, C5 Z06, and C6 Z06, then you start to get really nasty. The Evo can only really beat the C5 in stock form, and even then it depends on driver. The other 3 are just on a different level PLUS they can be modded very easily. However, they are 2 door cars (no family stuff, not the best DD, no baby seat, no dog, no hauling stuff), powerful RWDs (seasonal car unless you live in certain parts of the season, and they cost a LOT more.

The Evo is a raw sports car that happens to be able to pretend to be other things as I listed above. I think it comes down to what you need and want from your next purchase.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement