Need final exhaust advice - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Well, the o2 housing is one of the best bang for the buck parts, because it's $100 or so and worth ~.10whp. The Megan TBE is a full TBE, so it wouldn't make sense to purchase yet another DP/TP unless you were going to only get the cat-back. If you do just the Megan cat-back, then consider doing the all-in-one DC Sports downpipe/testpipe. It's one piece for both parts, which is easy, but it also keeps you from being able to swap in the stock cat for inspection. With the Megan setup (and most others), you can just swap out the test pipe for the stock cat whenever necessary.
thanks..I guess the megan tbe and o2housing just for now..then a tune..that'll reach my budget already.. you know a estimate of performance specs once these are tuned? thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Yarg, you need the fuel pump, mbc, and bov to be proper. This stuff doesn't work as well in pieces. You need the MBC to raise and regulate boost, the BOV to properly hold boost (stocker is plastic and weak), and the fuel pump to supply enough fuel for the extra power you're making. It's best to get tuned with all the parts instead of just the exhaust unless you get a tune that allows retunes for free.

The TBE and tune should be good for 40-50whp.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Yarg, you need the fuel pump, mbc, and bov to be proper. This stuff doesn't work as well in pieces. You need the MBC to raise and regulate boost, the BOV to properly hold boost (stocker is plastic and weak), and the fuel pump to supply enough fuel for the extra power you're making. It's best to get tuned with all the parts instead of just the exhaust unless you get a tune that allows retunes for free.

The TBE and tune should be good for 40-50whp.
Yea, I'm not gonna tune until I have all the parts installed. Are all the parts pretty simple to install; instructions anywhere? o2 housing easy to install? Should be close to the Dp I'm guessing. Thanks for your advice. 40+whp is awesome; I should be into the 300bhp soon.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
I have a prototype BPM catback and Megan DP I got from my boostbuddy, I'll let it go for two and a half.

Shoot Warrtalon even raced the car with this setup before it was mine.

This should help with your budget constraints and point you in the right direction as far as your AWHP goal!!!

Last edited by KenMasters; 05-21-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
I have a prototype BPM catback and Megan DP I got from my boostbuddy, I'll let it go for two and a half.

Shoot Wart Allen even raced the car with this setup before it was mine.

This should help with your budget constraints and point you in the right direction as far as your AWHP goal!!!
already bought the megan..never heard of a BPM..dunt trust it.. hehe appreciate it though.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
No prob. If you want to check bpm out, the guy who's putting on the evo sti shootout is the BPM rep. You can link to him through this site or AWD Pirates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement