Oil on spark plugs! Whats wrong? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Oil on spark plugs! Whats wrong?

Went to change my plugs like normal today and found oil on the two center plugs. The oil was on the threads that were inside the cylinder. Anyone have any Ideas. I retorqued the head studs and check all gaskets that I could and It was all fine. Thanks, Mike
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

damn guys no help? I hate when this happens. Well Im not sure but im thinking it migh be the piston rings. I just dont wanna go ripping the engine out and rebuilding it for no reason. I heard It might have something to do with the valves. I dont know. please help
Old 11-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

checked the plugs every couple of days and there wasnt any oil on them. But unfortunately last night The Oil dipstick got pushed out and ALL my engine oil spewed over the left side of my engine. Not sure exactly why but im thinking piston rings?? If anyone has any ideas of whats up or has advise let me know. Doing a leak down test to try to find out whats going on. Thanks, Mike

Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

So the leak down test confirmed that cyl. #4 was a bad piston ring causing air to come out of the pcv tube and the dipstick. So now I have to make the decision to drop the engine my self or try to pay out the A$$ to have a shop (No reputable Evo shops anywhere near) do the engine build. But on the bright side when Its done It will have a fully built engine Top and bottom and a GT35 or 40 putting down some serious digits hopefully. Im going to try to make a write up on a leak down test because I found nothing that help me, so I learned as I went. After I figured it all out it took 10 Min.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I didn't read all of your post, but you more than likley have a bad valve cover gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement