which path to go down for mods - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

which path to go down for mods

hey guys, i am a new guy on the forums but i looked for the answer and didnt really find anything that met what i was after. im ready to start to upgrade the evo8, im either thinking the Injen short ram intake with there upper and lower intercooler piping and a full 3inch exhaust, which puts price right around 1300 or so, or just going with the Buschur Racing Stage 1, which is the same price, which is comes with a intake, full exhaust, boost controller, and a tune. from my past i know dont go with can tunes. but ive heard good things about them. they also say on there site that you should be running a speed density set up if you buy there lower intercooler piping. or should i go with the AMS Stage 1, but that seems like the Buschur stage only with less exhaust. info would be great, thanks guys.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to amsevo8
That is the first mod i did on mine, the injen intake and upper and lower IC pipes....they work great and produced a great amount of power for me when i put the 3" AMS Front Mount on it. I also would say go with a full turbo back exhaust, from what u heard the "stages" arent good unless you have Buschur or AMS tune your car themselves....thats just what ive heard though...hope that helps you out a little.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
I would go with Buschur's package before I would go with the Injen setup. There is a reason that my Injen intake and intercooler piping is sitting in the back of my closet. Check out the intakes and intercooler piping made by ETS http://extremeturbosystems.com/.

I WANNA GO FAST

Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well it would def make it easier buying that then saving the 900 for a exhaust then rather dropping 1,300 in one sitting. I just dont want to go the wrong way where ill have to spend money on catch up parts to go for more modding and power. and if i went catless to run my wideband, id need a tune to turn of my CEL
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
You dont need to go catless to run a wideband. You have a bung welded in the downpipe about 4-6 inches away from the cat. If you want to buy the Injen piping, thats on you, its your car. But there are plenty of products that flow much better and net more gains in WHP and WTQ. I was just on the ETS site and priced up an intake, full intercooler piping, O2 housing, downpipe and catback exhaust for $1300. And if you want to see some gains without dropping 1300, get a catback, and a tune. And you might see a 20-30 WHP increase from that. Intercooler piping really isnt all that important for your car at the moment because youre still running a stock turbo, and from what i can tell, no other mods. All youll really see is a slight gain from the lower intercooler pipe AFTER a tune.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I say forget the injen intake and piping, nice piece if your running the stock BOV, if you run a aftermarket one, it will hit the radiator shroud/fan and from what i hear that intake isnt the easiest to scale on a tune. ETS is my vote and for about $1300 you can have a major improvement over stock in the power range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement