Results of a blown HTA 35r (Pics) - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Dynosheet: 645whp/555 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to JohnEB
Results of a blown HTA 35r (Pics)

I havn't had time to post anything on the HTA 35r yet but I was on the dyno tuning about a month ago and everything was going pretty good with the new setup and we were making around 505whp and 440 ft lbs on the HTA 35r at about 21 pounds on 91 octane then we started tuning on C-16 and we were about 600whp and 530 ft lbs when the wastegate went bad and we were only able to hold about 23 psi.
So we took it out on the highway to see how it felt and I got on it in second gear when she let loose... Results :

At 40 miles on the turbo the compressor wheel hit the inside of the housing shooting a ton of oil/coolant and metal shavings into my intercooler, Luckily so far it looks like nothing made it into the intake stream.

I'll see what FP say's, so far it doesn't sound promising.
Back to the drawing board :crap:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Does that mean you're out 2 grand?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh damn.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

WOW, John that look nice....lol Let me know if you need something? Also tell use what you want to do for a new turbo?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Holy sh*t! That sucks man, sorry for the luck Good luck back at the drawing board.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

sorry to hear that man, looks pretty bad. hope u get her running in no time.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Throw that AMS 35R back on there!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

That sucks. They are really not going to help you. Did they say why this happened?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Personally to me what FP is saying doesn't make sense. What me and you talked about on the phone just doesn't seem right. How would something like this happen if it wasn't made like it before it came from them.

I think they are trying to use the excuse as a scapegoat so they don't have to pay for it. Seibon did that with me about the CF hood I have on my car. Well the damn thing cracked 84 days into me having it and they have a 90 day guarentee so I was just under it, I fought with them for 4 months to reaplce it and they finally did but I had to pay for shipping of the hood back to them. It was BS but I got a new hood for $175. Stay at them and fight for it cause if not it's 7k down the drain or however much it cost.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

FP is saying that they won't replace this turbo? Wow...that just makes me wanna go out and buy one from them.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsevo View Post
Personally to me what FP is saying doesn't make sense. What me and you talked about on the phone just doesn't seem right. How would something like this happen if it wasn't made like it before it came from them.

I think they are trying to use the excuse as a scapegoat so they don't have to pay for it. Seibon did that with me about the CF hood I have on my car. Well the damn thing cracked 84 days into me having it and they have a 90 day guarentee so I was just under it, I fought with them for 4 months to reaplce it and they finally did but I had to pay for shipping of the hood back to them. It was BS but I got a new hood for $175. Stay at them and fight for it cause if not it's 7k down the drain or however much it cost.
Lol I was curious about the 7k thing, they are actually 1700 but my biggest concern was that motor, my hotside and other things that could be effected.

But either way I feel what your saying.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobz View Post
That sucks. They are really not going to help you. Did they say why this happened?
What they WERE saying when I first called them was it wasnt their problem and if my motor got shavings in it then to bad.... Now to why I made this thread, it really wasnt to bash FP at all but to just show people what the turbo looked like because alot of people were there to help me push it back on the trailor and almost see a grown man cry . Now to the great part.... since I made this thread on EVOM and here I all of the sudden recieved a message on AIM about how they want to talk to me about it so I chatted with a tech for about an how and now they really really want to take care of me and even put me as first priority at the shop to get me a new turbo.... so I am hoping they stick to their guns so we can finish this project.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
Throw that AMS 35R back on there!
I was thinking about it, but if I can get a new turbo a week or two from now I really really dont want to pull that kit off again.. pita.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvd View Post
FP is saying that they won't replace this turbo? Wow...that just makes me wanna go out and buy one from them.
This is why it seems they woke up, people saying things like this... thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

Glad to hear they started listening. I hate buying turbos because its always your fault..

We need to talk man..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement