So E85 Next month? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

So E85 Next month?

Okay I should be gettin my tax return money and its goin to makein the evo E85. but from what I understand is ill need some stuff, and yeah i know what it is, but if I forgot anything please tell me.

I am goin to use 1000CC injectors, cuz eventurll I want to do a GT4088R turbo set up and will need the fule. but if I dont need them that big please correct me.
Fuel pressure regulator.
Tune.
Now on top of all that ill be buying my springs and retainers, and my head studs.

So is there anything else I will need? and who should tune me for it? please help out
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

head studs. a CLUTCH. I would get the head studs for sure so you can get the power that you are looking for out of the E85 tune. DO you have a 255 pump as well?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you have any extra money to fork my way?

Old 02-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Man I wish I had extra money for my self, lol... But I already have a Light weight flywheel, and a act 6 puck clutch BAMBAM, I already have a 255lph pump.

I have to find a good place to buy the head studs. and yeah I should be on my way....
So far ill need
Head studs, 1000 CC Injecorts, PFR, Springs and Retainers, and a tune.... Am I correct?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

You got the cams all in right? other then that you will be right as rain. where are you going to do it? Carz or where?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have supertech dual springs and retainers coming brand new. Ill sell them to you for the same deal I got.

Let me know.

Erich
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have a guy I am gettin the Crower Springs and Retainers from....
And Bam, I still havent gotten the damn intake one in yet due to the fact of a 14MM allen wrech and me not being able to find it around town, but yeah,

I am thinking Carz maybe, I hear they are amazing guys up there, or maybe revolutions down here... I just want a good price and dont wanna get Butt-Raped for no reason.... I will install everything. and just need a tune. but then again I dont wanna be sittin out side the shop puttin in Injectors and a FPR and looking all kinds of dumb,... so as soon As I get some good prices. and what not ill get it done... when the money comes in... Ohh does anyone know how much boost is safe to push with all of this?

as of right now I am at 24 PSI, on pretty much everything stock in side, and Can I go up more...max out the turbo, get all the ponies I can out of it, or what....
Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

26 is good. Atleast that is what alot of Justins tunes were set at 25 to 26. each car is different so you never can tell I was suprised at Stefano's

Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

I would suggest running an injector larger than 1000cc if you plan on running E85...not to mention with a GT4088...I wish I understood all this corn fuel stuff haha...I like good ol race fuel.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

running 850cc on the stock turbo and they're almost maxed out, the higher the injectors the harder it is to tune and you might have some startup difficulties especially in colder weather
Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

Tobz is running a green on 1000cc and he is doing ok so do not worry about that, until you know for sure you are going to get the turbo. then you might need 1600cc. 880cc are high on duty when used like some of them are close to 90% witch is ok but I my eyes is to hihg for me. I think you are ok unless you are getting the turbo soon.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Im not gettin the turbo anytime soon. Maybe a year or 2 from now... Cuz i need to save up alot to get it. but yeah so 1000cc will work, thats good.

Whats carz number so I can give em a call?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

720-214-5095
I think Lucas is gone right now. I just stopped by to talk to him about my up coming mods....

Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

BAMBAM, Tobz isn't running a green yet. He's on the IX turbo. With 1000cc and COP.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
brp

if you dont plan on doing the turbo upgrade for a while i would stick with the 880cc or max 1000cc. i am running 880's right now on the stock turbo but there isnt a whole lot of room left with those but its getting the job done. also i wouldnt run anything higher than 1000cc on the stock ecu or its gonna run like sh*t. at the same time that kinda sucks for you because there is NO way you will ever be able to run a 40R on 1000cc injectors. so i would get something that works for now and then sell them later and upgrade when you do the turbo.

my car was tuned for 28.5psi but there were some others here that just couldnt take more than 25 to 28, so i dont know what to say about that. i guess every car varies.
and i bought my arp heads studs from buschur, it was the cheapest place i could find at the time. but i would ask Lucas, he might have some in stock so you dont have to pay extra for shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement