stock manifold porting where to get it done?? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

stock manifold porting where to get it done??

Well My Megan Racing Turbo manifold cracked, was waiting for it to happen anyways. But where do I send my stock manifold to get ported and coated ? also should i port anything else while i have it apart ? Maybe an idea on price would be helpful to. Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Carz has ported manifolds, I think you have to give them your old one and they'll supply you with one that's been ported. Something like $300 for the manifold, last time I checked.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sd he is not in Colorado. We can find shops like Bushur racing and some other ones. But carz is in Colorado. Are you lloking for a mail order type or a shop around you?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

CarZ carries the Buschur manifolds as sdfontanini suggested. For those Colorado folk..

I suppose I should pay more attention to the posts I read ehh?

Last edited by JustDSM; 02-04-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: I'm in idiot
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

re

I live in Sarasota, Florida. Its and hour south of tampa. I wouldnt mind shipping it somewhere but 300 bones is kinda much. i still have my stock one so i can send it then wait to get it back. I want it ported and jet coated. I know warr has his done but I dont know where he got it.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Evolutio-8 View Post
I live in Sarasota, Florida. Its and hour south of tampa. I wouldnt mind shipping it somewhere but 300 bones is kinda much. i still have my stock one so i can send it then wait to get it back. I want it ported and jet coated. I know warr has his done but I dont know where he got it.
Buschur has what you're looking for.

Buschur Racing - Your source for Mitsubishi racing parts and accessories for Evo VIII and Evo IX Lancers as well as Mitsubishi Eclispe, focusing on turbo upgrades and exhaust systems.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Bush and he payed about the same. it is alot of work, remember that when you are looking at port and polish jobs. It is all labor.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Contact Buschur to find out for sure. They show $195 on their site ($350=core fee).
https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...products_id=75

Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

re

ya i looked at it 195 isnt that bad ill just buy it. what about the 10.5 turbine housing? is it worth the $295 how much would i gain?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Evolutio-8 View Post
ya i looked at it 195 isnt that bad ill just buy it. what about the 10.5 turbine housing? is it worth the $295 how much would i gain?
As far as porting and jet coating is concerned, not to mention that you don't mind sending the manifold off to get the services done, I don't believe that you can beat the prices of KevinD (screen name on EVOm). He's in Texas and does the porting and swain coating on your manifold. I'm not sure of the O2 housing and hotside as they are also recommending for the P&J services to open things up as much as possible. I don't think it's a matter of how much you would gain from getting it done as the service is a compliment to your current modifications. The larger hotside is certainly on your side. Now, if jet coating is what you're after, then Buschur offers these services as many have already alluded to and yes, if you send them your stock manifold, the price is $195 plus S&H. If being without your manifold is not an option, there are plenty of folks selling the stock manifolds on other forums for about $60-80. I hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement