Test Pipe - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
There's lot of methods, all cheap. All Buschur TBEs come with the anti-fouler already in it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

well I already bought the test pipe and its on its way, is there like an o2 simulator you can buy?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #33 (permalink)

Yes. Just about every Evo vendor offers one.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

do you have any recommendations?
Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

If there are no Evo shops around you, then call Buschur and ask for one. It's just a small, simple, inexpensive part. You can also make your own with stuff from Autozone as Mdog said.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

jux a testpipe?

Hey guys I was just wondering If I could just buy a testpipe for now and would it fit on my stock status? What is the best testpipe to purchase? Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #37 (permalink)

dont waste ur money on a simulator, check out the how-to forum on evom and im sure you can find many write up's on how to make it. IF you have a drill and a large enough bit, ur golden. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #38 (permalink)

I am a new Evo guy too. The only question that I have, that has something to do with this thread is: do I need to install MIL elininators when I put on a test pipe? Coming from Mustangs we needed to install the MIL's so we could trick the ECU into thinking back pressure was made so the "check engine" light did not come on.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #39 (permalink)

yes it will be louder. depending on the car and dyno 5 to 10 hp
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_guy22 View Post
I am a new Evo guy too. The only question that I have, that has something to do with this thread is: do I need to install MIL elininators when I put on a test pipe? Coming from Mustangs we needed to install the MIL's so we could trick the ECU into thinking back pressure was made so the "check engine" light did not come on.
Not sure what an MIL is, but we have no need for backpressure on the Evo, since it's turbo'd. We do, however, have a code that lights off in the rear o2 if we remove the cat, so we use o2 simulators or mechanical CEL fixes.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Well, if that's what matters to you, then that's your thing. Most of the people you find here at Evotuners or who are serious about their Evos do NOT want to hear the annoying BOV purge all the time. It does absolutely nothing for you and is a product of the whole 2 Fast 2 Furious phenomenon. Most of the time, we get former Honda owners who manage to find a used Evo they can afford and then slap on an intake and HKS BOV so that they can act like they're in a movie. The rest of us shake our head, roll our eyes, and ask the car gods, "Why why why???"

Any shop that recommends that BOV for you either 1) knows nothing about Evos or 2) couldn't care less as long as they get your money. I would not trust that shop with ANYTHING ever again without first asking an knowledgeable Evo owner for input..
Warr I think you need to back up a bit...I'm a X Acura owner and I can afford just as many mods you have, I just don't spend my money like that, and I love the ####sh sound, and I like 2fast2 furious. We are just differe nt people....you like showing people at the track your fast , I like showing everyone I'm FAST...street or strip!!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
Well, if that's what matters to you, then that's your thing. Most of the people you find here at Evotuners or who are serious about their Evos do NOT want to hear the annoying BOV purge all the time. It does absolutely nothing for you and is a product of the whole 2 Fast 2 Furious phenomenon. Most of the time, we get former Honda owners who manage to find a used Evo they can afford and then slap on an intake and HKS BOV so that they can act like they're in a movie. The rest of us shake our head, roll our eyes, and ask the car gods, "Why why why???"

Any shop that recommends that BOV for you either 1) knows nothing about Evos or 2) couldn't care less as long as they get your money. I would not trust that shop with ANYTHING ever again without first asking an knowledgeable Evo owner for input..
warr you shouldnt dog people just cause they don;t like what you like. The Evo is hard aggressive and it turns heads....some of us like that!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #43 (permalink)

turn on espn theyre talking about Bama!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #44 (permalink)

MIL = Malfunction Indicator Lamp. same thing as a CEL.

evoguy check out the antifouler stuff they were talking about above. that will prevent it.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #45 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
I run a Test Pipe for track work, along with a Tomei Expreme Kit & HKS Silent HiPower, this gives the EVO a tough note, & rumble at idle, when it hits boost it really increases in decibels & you can hear it explode, I don't get any backfire or flames, & mine is running the MR Bov, (excellent value for $$$).
I don't get any CEL's the ECU removes them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement