Thinking about ditching Buschur cone intake - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEvo1121 View Post
y not just throw ur stock box on and cut a hole in it! it will provide quieter sound, but u will still be able to hear the bov like you want! a cheap alernative (although ghetto as hell!) lol
I didn't buy the intake for the sound, I bought it because Jimmy at "The Shop" swore up and down it would get me another 15whp. Before and after dyno's proved that to be incorrect, it didn't do anything for me whatsoever, but I kept it because it gave me some room to reach certain things in the engine bay I needed to get to at the time for other projects. I've completed those projects, and the sound is just getting irritating.

I'm going to see Sean Ivey next week for a re-tune. I've fixed an exhaust leak I found, 2 intake leaks, I still have to replace a hose I accidently let get chewed up by the radiator fan (I left a post about that if you want a good laugh in the Newbie section), got rid of the bad gas I had from my last tune, and since I'm getting tuned again anyways I'm going back to the stock air box.

BTW I'm 32
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well, I had went ahead and ordered the Buschur air filter kit last Friday, so now I'm more curious than ever to hear what it sounds like. I have the Buschur TBE with their Bullet Muffler and test pipe, and I don't really find that obnoxiously loud, so who knows?

I'm in the same boat as antisocial was though, as I primarily got it to free up a few extra ponies, and maybe better the spool time by a little. I don't know if it'll work, but for the $80 it cost, I didn't feel to bad about splurging for it (got a bonus from my boss that I wasn't expecting, so had some extra play money on this last pay).

If nothing else, as was said, it'll be nice to free up a little bit of room in the engine bay.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think it works as long as u get it tuned. Slapping on an intake with no other mods or no tune is worthless. I think an intake can help boost performance with a combination of the correct mods.

Antisocial, i wasnt trying to piss u off. I was just BSing a bit. im entertaining the same situation myself, im looking at the k&N cone filter w/ maf adapter myself, but am gonna wait on it till i get more mods.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm getting a custom dyno tune at the end of this month. I won't be putting the filter on until probably the weekend before the tune, and then the car won't be driven until I take it over to Ohio to get it tuned.

I wouldn't have gotten the filter at all if I wasn't going to be tuned for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement