Thinking of changing Buschur tbe to turboXS - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thinking of changing Buschur tbe to turboXS

I'm sure this will ruffle a few feathers, but I'm seriously thinking about swapping out my buschur TBE with hfc and magnaflow for a TurboXS TBE with test pipe. Reason being I can get a 3 month old TurboXS TBE right now pretty cheap, and it is compatible with my stock cat for emissions.

Yes, I could just have a straight pipe thrown in on my buschur TBE but this slip fit crap is causing me more trouble than its worth. I fix one exhaust leak and another one pops up 2 weeks later. Short of getting some liquid gasket and sealing the whole system this just seems like its going to continue being an issue for me. Some of my pipes where a bit oval'd from buschur which I think is causing some of my issues. But either way its getting annoying... also I like how the turboxs sounds.

I wonder how much of a stink running catless will cause
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
There's no stink to me unless you like to sit and idle a lot. The exhaust comes out the back, so it stinks out the people behind you some, but not the driver really.

I'm surprised you're having so many issues. I haven't had one leak on my BR TBE, and the point of the slip-fit is to save weight. It was a full 10lbs lighter than my Megan TBE. It also sounds much meaner, but I have the test pipe and Bullet muffler.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

From a message I read from Jarrod over at Buschur, they were having some issues with making the slip fit openings and instead of coming out round they were a bit oval. It was limited in number, and its not a problem for them now, but I seem to have been in the batch with issues. I haven't heard of anyone else really having any problems either unless they didn't have it tightened up enough. I've got the exhaust clamps as tight as I can get them, and that includes having it done with an impact wrench.

I think I'm going to give it another week or so to see I finally got it worked out. I'm cheap and not in a big rush to buy something I already have just for the fun of it. But I'm getting tired of fixing it too.

Heck, I'm still debating the Meth kit.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Unless your running really rich, it doesn't seem like it's all that bad.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen more posts like yours. But to be fair, the reason is because I've never been a fan of slip fit exhausts. If the deal is good, I say go for it. However, if it's a problem that Buschur acknowledges exists, would they not stand behind their product and exchange you out a new one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement