warr fp green 20g lt - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

warr fp green 20g lt

I am having problems with my car I have 390whp and 355 torque on a dyno jet tuned with c16 race gas and 25 psi. My mods are buschur turbo back 3" exhaust with straight pipe, buschur ported 02 housing and exhaust manifold, buschur ported intake manifold and throttle body 65mm,buschur 20glt ported, buschur filter, 750cc injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump,272 intake and exhaust camshafts gsc,ams lower intercooler pipe, turbo xs front mount,evo 9 metal blowoff valve recurculated,lighter fly wheel and act clutch.

My problem is I took my car to the track and decided to see what it dose and all I could manage was a 12.6 with a sorry 60 ft 1.89 60 ft at 112.37 mph, I believe its due to my car not holding boost in 1 to 3rd gear boost spikes to 25 or 26psi but would drop right away to 20 or 19 psi way before redline so in a sense I was boosting 20 psi in 1st to 3rd gear. The only gear that holds 25 psi solid is 4th.

I believe it might be the blowoff valve leaking because I barrowed a turbo smart dual vent blowoff valve from a friend but i recurcluared it. I used to be able to hold at least 24psi before with the evo 9 metal blowoff valve.

I guess my questionion is would it be normal to loose boost so fast in those gears with this turbo and why would it hold boost in 4th gear. I especialy think its weird a guy had almost the same setup as me same turbo and he said he is able to hold at least 24 psi in every gear annd his horspower was 386 whp 380 torque on a dyno jet same tuner as me tuning technologies and he was rining an 11.8 with a 1.8 60 foot at 118 mph.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

What were you shifting at that will impact your mph and time. Also are you sure you did a leak down test. and shop can do it and then you can find your leak and they can even tell you at what lbs. it started leaking. That is what I think you should do first.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

The shop had done a leak down test 2 weeks before I ran at the track when they runed it and they tested up to 30 psi and everything was fine, but I might have to do another test or change my blowoff valve and check all clamps. What amount of boost should that turbo hold if everything would be ok.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

you will lose 1 to 2 lbs that is norm.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Timeslip: 12.6 @ 113
Dynosheet: 490whp/468 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
when you were tuning the car did that happen too?? i mean on the dyno??
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Similar thread from EvoM. It might provide you some insight.

Trouble with Possibly bov please help figure out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a buddy of mine recently got his 8 tuned with his fp green turbo. i lent him my old turbosmart bov to pull past 25 psi. well sure enough our local tuning shop did a leak down test, ran up to 28 psi so we were good to go. tuned the car at 410 whp at 25psi. anyway we went over to the track this weekend and found out that even with nothing changed for some reason 1,2,3 boost would hit 25psi and drop back down to 20 psi but 4 would hold 25psi just fine.

we were left scratching our heads. thinking it could be the bov? wondering if anyone can chimmy in on this and figure it out.

i dont have the logs from the tune but it was on a 4th gear pull so that wouldnt help. mind you the bov was completely recirculated.

i'd like some insight what it could be. he doesnt have the upgraded wastegate either its just the standard wastegate thats included with the turbo.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Sorry I forgot to post the response....................here:

you have more load in 4th.

Short and sweet but it makes sense.

I thought the low pressure WG was only good up to 26lbs.
You might want to start w. that.

Good #'s, I bet that sucker shyts and gets.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah the car feels fast but for some reason like I said would die on top besides 4th gear. Im thinkingher of geting the buschur performance waste gate 22-23 psi minimum and clamp everything with t bolt clamps even though my boost leak test was ok holded 30 psi just fine. I plan on geting a good blowoff valve, buschur uper and lower intercooler pipes for a shorter route and faster spoolup, and alcihol injection.

Also a new clutch what blowoff valv do you guys recomend recurculated off course and aslo what alky injection.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Timeslip: 12.8 @ 109
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
Could be blow off valve, boost controller, or waste gate.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

i just had to replace my hot side on my g20g they are haveing problems with the bungs on the wast gates the fall off and shout out the ext call them they will send a new hot side free to fix it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement