Wish me luck - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Bolt-On Power Mods
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Bolt-On Power Mods Intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Wish me luck

The spring upgrade bug got me, I recently ordered some gsc 272 cams, arp headstuds, and a alkycontrol.com kit (same kit AMS used to sell), along with some other various parts (ss brake and clutch line, shifter bushings, brake pads, evo 9 jdm rear bumper, falken rt615s already installed).

Still waiting on a few parts to get here but soon as the alky kit is here I'm taking the car to the shop and having the cams/head studs and alky installed and tuned.

Hoping to see some decent gains and with a little luck see a high 11sec pass with the new parts. Currently I am running consistant 12.5 with the buschur stg II parts and mail in reflash (which runs pretty rich) on crappy all-seasons, I've since got the falken rt-615s and love them, the cars handling kinda suffered on the winter hankooks and I think I may gain a tenth or so in the 1/4 as I've been getting 1.9 60 fts with said tires so far since the track opened this season. Shitty winter tires+driving through the water box before a run(no way to avoid)= mild tire smokage.

I was going to install the cams myself since I have done a few cam installs on my previous eclipses but a local and reputable shop which one of my friends works for is going to install the cams, studs, alky, and 680 inj's for pretty cheap, as well as do a custom reflash. I'm not sure exactly what kind of power gains I'll see but I'm hoping for around 350whp/320ft-pds on the mustang awd dyno I frequent, I dyno 287whp/280ftpds on it now.

Still on the stock clutch with 23k miles....for now.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

sweet man.
your cars gonna sound mean with those cams
Old 03-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Way to step it up, but be ready to replace that clutch as soon as the alky starts flowing. You'll be making so much torque that it will not be useful for long.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've already ordred a exedy twin plate, just for grins I'd like to see how long the stocker holds up. Hooray for large tax returns.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Excellent choice.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dropped the car off last night, the cams are going in today along with the alky kit. The tuner is coming in tommorow to do a tunes for with and without 100% methanol. I ordered a tactrix cable today so I can change tunes, now I just need to decide on either a dual mbc or if I want to pony up and get a ebc.

Also ordered a AEM UEGO wideband, which I will be installing in the next week or so. Anyone want to speculate how long before I'll be installing the new clutch.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflyjmysnk View Post
Anyone want to speculate how long before I'll be installing the new clutch.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say...
mmmm...
3 days.

After getting it back of course.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

I see what you did there.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Dropped the car off last night, the cams are going in today along with the alky kit. The tuner is coming in tommorow to do a tunes for with and without 100% methanol. I ordered a tactrix cable today so I can change tunes, now I just need to decide on either a dual mbc or if I want to pony up and get a ebc.

Also ordered a AEM UEGO wideband, which I will be installing in the next week or so. Anyone want to speculate how long before I'll be installing the new clutch.
Why would you get a dual mbc? Just set it on pump gas, and remember how much you need to adjust it when going from pure pump to the pump with methanol injection..... if you are pulling out a laptop and tactrix cable for the switch, turning the knob on your MBC shouldn't be that big of a deal

Keith
Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm lazy, I'd like to be able to change everything from the cabin, my mbc is under the hood, which isn't a big deal as its what I have to do now. I wrote down the number of turns to go from 21psi to 27psi (peak) so I can ballpark it, but as much as I've spend thus far another $175 isn't going to kill me.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Personally in that case I would get a Hallman Evolution ($165) or Hallman Evolution RX manual boost controler (ceramic ball option, $180). It has the adjustment knob inside the cabin linked to the boost controler itself via cable.

Keith
Old 04-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've heard in cabin mbc's tend to react a little slower since the line is longer to the bleedoff valve. This will keep things easier, both switchs down-pumpgas, both switchs up-high boost+meth.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I've heard in cabin mbc's tend to react a little slower since the line is longer to the bleedoff valve. This will keep things easier, both switchs down-pumpgas, both switchs up-high boost+meth.
The Hallman Evolution is not an "in cabin" mbc, the mbc is in the normal location under the hood with nice short vacuum / boost lines. The adjustment knob is taken off of the under hood mbc, and replaced with a cable that leads to a knob in the cabin.

Keith
Old 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hmm, I'll have to check it out, the way the weather has been around here I have to change my setting every couple of days (15-80 degrees in the last week alone).

On a side note I got the car back today and Holy [email protected], what a difference.

On just the pump 91oct with the cams it definately pulls harder, but with 100% methanol and 28psi spike (11.5 afr to redline too) it pulls like crazy. I know not to mention street races but suffice to say I have no fear of c5 z06s after this afternoon.

Its nice because there is no need to downshift to get power, I punched it in 4th at 60mph and it took off like a rocket.

Definately worth the $ for the power gained.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Dynoed today, same mustang awd as usual. Last time was 279whp/281ftpds with stage II parts 91 [email protected] (on poopy megan racing boost gauge)

Today: Added 272 cams and licp along with custom tunes for with and without meth, along with a 3 bar map sensor that came with the alky kit so more accurate boostage readings.

347whp/332ftpds with 91 oct at 22-23 psi

395whp/410tq with meth and 28-30psi spike.

My printer/scanner is giving me woes but I'll post the dyno sheets this weekend.

Day 2 and the stock clutch is doing okay, despite a strong burnt clutch smell

We will see if I make it to day 3 with the stock clutch, its not looking good.

I ordered a AEM UEGO boost gauge/controller and matching wideband AFR as the tail sniffer is kind of unsightly with the cable sticking out of the trunk, and I haven't figured out a good way to secure my laptop in the passenger seat. Hopefully they will get here this week and be in by saturday as I have a few roll racing events on the schedule.

I will say the evo is everything I wish my DSM's would have been, I'm barely $3000 into mods including all the extras like gauges and the cf gauge pod that replaced the radio trim, and am pretty sure I'll been in the 11's after I get the new clutch in. I can't really think of too many cars under $35k you can do that with.

Now I just got to get it washed and pretty before the weekend, and hope the clutch can hold until friday night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement