EBC yellowstuff brake pads! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > General > How-To Article Library > Articles: Parts Feedback/Reviews
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Articles: Parts Feedback/Reviews Product reviews and comparisons for products that you've tested on your car.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
EBC yellowstuff brake pads!

Ok here is my long awaited brake pad review. I do not have a write up on install, but it is the same as any other brake pads.

I recieved a Pair of EBC yellow's from one of our vendors here, Discount tire! I am not sponsered in any way by them or EBC, but would like to review the product for them.

Received the Pads quickly (thank you discount tire!) Pad install was quick and easy I replaced my front brake pads which were Project Mu type ns pads, great Pads for the daily driver!

intially my first week with these pads, i was pleased with the break-in coating , zero squealing, and they bite hard! Now the brake dust during the break-in time, about the first week or so was horrible, took less then a week for my silver enkeis to become Black.

After driving for about 8,000 miles on these pads, They still bite hard and can slow you down in a hurry! The brake dust is not as bad now, I think it may have been part of the break-in coating, but the dust is worse then my previous Project mu type NS pads.

If brake dust is what your worried about, these are not the pads for you! If hard braking with no fade is what you are looking for, This is good for you! I would say these are good for the track but can also be good on the weekend warrior that still dailys there car.

For the record, My car is a 03 evo 8 that just rolled over 177k on the clock.

If you need brakes please check out our vendors here on the site! the more you support them, the more they support us!

Lewis
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement