IX cams - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Cylinder Head & Short Block
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Cylinder Head & Short Block Cams, valvetrain, pistons, rods, stroker kits, swaps, etc. Advanced modification discussions only.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJF View Post
Are any of the aftermarket Evo cams ground on factory billets?
Regrinds... not really, but I've talked to these guys and they will grind Evo cams. They just need an order for ten to twelve sets;
http://www.ffwdconnection.com/cams.shtml

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

Ended up choosing the Cosworths. Al got me a price on them that was quite a bit better than the what I could find on the GSC's and better than all the vendors I talked to about the Cosworth's. Also after reading through "i have no idea how many" posts on cams, the cosworths seemed like the best fit for "ME" . The Cosworth's may not make quite as much power, but I felt the GSC's might be a touch to aggressive for me.

I'm so looking forward to getting this thing tuned and seeing the numbers. I'll probably only run the 1/4 mile a couple of days this year, but I want to seriously beat some humility into all the Mustang GT owners up here. For some reason every 5th car on the road here is a mustang. Yes, I know I could beat a stock GT from a stop or in the 1/4... But from a role on the highway the new GT's are a pita.

I don't just want to win, I want to embarrass them in front of their wives, girlfriends, cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, etc in ways that will make them cry with the shame.

I'm evil, I know. Besides, we all need goals
Old 03-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

I heard that cosworths aren't worth getting that they really don't put out much power compared to other cams and its worth just waiting for new cams to come out what do you all think?

Old 03-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
There aren't other cams, wvturbo2. There's only the GSC and Cosworth to choose from that make any power. The early Turbotrix regrinds are no good. Where did you hear that Cossies made less than "other" brands when there is only one other to choose from?

No one knows what any future cams will do. HKS has taken over a year...

Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

I don't know what your talking about. I've seen several dyno plots showing very good gains with the cosworth cams.

I aways love these I heard from my uncles brothers aunts cousin that ....
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18346
Maybe this wiill clear up who i heard it from BIA! I wish some how someone in my family was friends or better yet related with David Buschur. LOL
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

Yeah, DB is not fond of Cossies, but they have been making power around the country...just not as much as we see on VIIIs, but that goes for all IX cams.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

That's funny, because there are plenty of examples of people making 20-30 hp more on them. Not to mention when I called Buschur looking for cams they said they made good gains.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

He said they aren't good for less modified cars though, but i dont know how many of you all call your cars highly modified. I posted this like right after the cams had come out as well
Old 03-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #25 (permalink)

Eh either way. With me its never enough, so who knows how long I'll stay on the stock turbo even haha. I'm already trying to decide of meth is worth the effort.

The thing I like about the Cosworth's is they show gains throughout the entire rpm range. You might get better peak hp out of the GSC's but the dyno plots I saw show they don't run as consistantly over the rpm range as does the cosworths. Maybe the dyno's I saw weren't tuned well or something, but coming from an s2000 I like nice smooth gains right up to redline.

My s2000's power curve looked like this / up to 9000rpm. After I got the SC'r it was even better . Sometimes I really miss that car sigh.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

There is 2000 s2k local to me for sale 14,500 i want it bad.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

some one UP DATE THIS PAGE!!!

i shall start by saying

HKS has cams. cosworth and GSC Evo IX cams are not worth it because of the material ade to make it. im not sure about the HKs but i know the cams made by gsc and cosworth wasnt made with the good material.. correct me if im wrong, but i have heard a lot of people saying about how it cracks.

my intrests are back onto tomei cams, and hks cams. anyone else input please?

tkc
Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

HKS does not have IX cams. They have been advertising their release for a long time, but none have shown up on the market.

GSC cams are not worth it??? Yes, they are. GSC cams are the best on the market for the IX right now, followed by the Cosworth. The Turbotrix IX cams that came out first are not any good, though.

I have not seen Tomei release any yet.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lan Evo IX View Post
some one UP DATE THIS PAGE!!!
... cosworth and GSC Evo IX cams are not worth it because of the material ade to make it. im not sure about the HKs but i know the cams made by gsc and cosworth wasnt made with the good material.. correct me if im wrong, but i have heard a lot of people saying about how it cracks.
Don't take this the wrong way but; either you know, or you don't know. Don't post about what you've heard. Please let us know how GSC's and Cosworth cams use poor material.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

HKS currently only has an exhaust cam for the IX.

Mr Lan Evo IX
Your on crack if you think that cosworth cams are poorly made. I've haven't heard of one single failure of Cosworth cams on the ix yet, unless it was installed by a ham fisted chimp.

Other than that they run great. A little lopey, but the idle is perfect without and dips or spikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement