Service Engine Soon..Valve 4 spark? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Cylinder Head & Short Block
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Cylinder Head & Short Block Cams, valvetrain, pistons, rods, stroker kits, swaps, etc. Advanced modification discussions only.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Service Engine Soon..Valve 4 spark?

Ok i bought my 2006 evo IX mr almost 3 weeks ago. i was driving down the interstate one night and a ss impala tried to show me up so i put it in 3rd and got on it. whenever i hit 5500rpms in 3rd gear my ses light came on. the next morning i went to advance and they ran the code, valve 4 spark. so i bought some new plugs, got home and changed them. i reset the code and went out driving again. once more i hit 5500rpms in 3rd and boom it came right back on. my car only has 7000 miles on so i took it to the nearest dealer ship for warranty work. they switched the coils on 2 and 4 and it still came up as valve 4 spark. sense my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks now they have replaced a lash adjuster and thats all they have done. they keep saying they are going to pull the head but still have not done so. they are also saying that they have to wait for a tech rep to call them back to do anything else with the car. what should i do? does anybody have a clue on what the issue could be?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

This sounds so retarded but contact as high up in the dealership that you possibly can. Complain about your service to them, don't even bother with the shop manager or service writers. If you don't get anywhere with that start contacting mitsubishi the company and let them know whats going on and they should really speed things up by threatening to pull there plug, the dealership is there to service you and your vehicle and you have to let them know that. If they're saying they need the ok from tech rep ask for his number and call him. The way to get things done at a dealership is to make them think you will crash and burn them if they don't do things your way because they will do the bare minimum everytime. Just keep hounding them and if they have had the car for two weeks I hope they are paying for a rental, cause I would be a living hell for them. I have been in your shoes before and its never fun not knowing if or when it will be fixed.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
maybe a simple boost leak......What plugs did you get? are you the first owner of the vehicle? it does have a warrenty so you def need to contact the service manager at the dealership and see if they can put you in touch with the mitsu rep.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks

thanks guys. sorry if it sounded retarded i was pissed off whenever i wrote it and am still pretty ticked about the entire situation. yeah i got a rental car sitting in the driveway, i just don't want to drive it so im driving my jeep. i went up there today all pissed off and got the tech guys number and it turns out that there isn't even a file open for the case. BULL! we had a field day and they are going to fly someone here from atlanta or california. the spark plugs that i put in are Autolite Ignition Iridium Plugs: Xtreme Performance.

as for the boost leak..it went through my mind but there is no turbo lag or anything like that. idk if that really matters or not. im new to all of this.

thanks for all the help.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

just because there is no lag doesn't mean you dont have a leak......and throw those shit ass plugs out....get the proper NGK plugs.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

alright i will whenever i get my car back! what does mitsubishi put in them? they just changed them also. the tech from california is supposed to call me sometime this morning so we'll see what he says! i'll keep you guys posted on what goes on and see if it makes any sense. thanks again for the help!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Good atleast your starting to figure out whats going on with your car. When you said they hadn't even opened a file on your car that really didn't surprise me. Dealerships suck ass and you have to just about put there balls in a vise to get them to do anything. Good luck, hope it's nothing too serious.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks a lot man. they were working on it all day today. the guy in carlifornias name is marcus and he kind of comes across as an ass. i guess we'll see. i know if my car is still in 1 peice come friday im bringing it home for the weekend and taking it back on monday. i haven't even had it on a weekend yet. such bull.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

they may also want to check your timing at your crank......mine did that and it was 8* off and from what i hear the evos cant take 9* off at the crank....
Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

ok. im going to call them and tell them to check into that. thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

so i called them and told them about your car and the timing. he said that there was no way my timing was off. then he told me that it is either a o2 sensor or its my pcm. he said i should have the car back by friday. im just not going to get to excited about it because they told me that 2 weeks ago whenever i took it up there.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

If the crank timing was off it would throw a trouble code saying the timing if out of spec by one or more teeth. That is done by compairing the cam position and crank position sensors and if they don't mach up a code is thrown. So I doubt its timing.
I hope you have your car back by friday but like you said don't expect it. I brought my old car in to get brakes done on a friday and called them the previous wednesday telling them what I needed and to set up the appointment. Well 5pm that friday I go to pick up the car and they just ripped off the old brakes and then ordered the parts that day. I was PISSSSSED. I walked out threatening every single employees life...Did I mention I was pissed. Neadless to say thats how I discovered the higher you go in the dealership the faster your shit get done. When I went back monday to pick up the car almost every service writer and tech was appologizing and the dealership owner came out to make sure that my car was done that day.
Good luck hope it goes right.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

the only code i kept throwing was a p0300 random misfire code......and it was my timing that was off....I'm just saying check it while they are going over the car.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

haha i would have been pretty pissed myself there. the servie tech from atlanta got into town today around 530 so he is going to the dealership in the morning. i went by there tonight around 10 to see if my car was inside and its not. i told those stupid f****** to keep it inside. now its raining. i hate them. im getting my car back for the weekend and if i need to i'll take it back up there monday morning. it runs fine. the only thing wrong is the light. idiots.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

get a code scanner and clear it;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement