Stroker Kit - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Cylinder Head & Short Block
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Cylinder Head & Short Block Cams, valvetrain, pistons, rods, stroker kits, swaps, etc. Advanced modification discussions only.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Stroker Kit

I looking into getting a Stroker Kit. I looking at the Ultimate Racing 2.3 kit, going to have the head port matched, and 1mm oversize valves. If this helps the setup will be Buschur GT35, with the 2.3 stroker.
What other items will i need to Finish the project, and what kind of head gasket should i use?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
You sure you want to do Ultimate Racing. I can say I haven't heard of a single Evo using a stroker kit from them. I had no idea they even made such things for the Evo, since they don't participate in the Evo community...at least not at any noticable level. I would seriously suggest a Buschur stroker, since you're doing their turbo kit. If not, then please do AMS or someone who specializes in Evos and has already made 1000whp (not too many have done that).

Anyway, I think you'll also need an AEM EMS, 1000cc injectors, dual fuel pump setup, alky injection (unless you will run race gas daily), aggressive cams (Revolver or Jun), huge FMIC, etc.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just Thought I Would try something new with the UR stroker kit.
Right now i have most of the items you mentioned, except for the FMIC,but i have a Power FC DJ,1000cc RC's, 255fp, HKS 272in/ex, HKS Cams,and everything for the exhaust. have not installed any of it yet since in not home right now and im just waiting to see if i would get the stroker kit. What kind of Head Gasket should i use, and is there any special head gasket i have to have in order to compensate for it being bored?
If not then im going to get the HKS Metal Head. Just need to know if it will work.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

*** I am not bashing any company, this is purely a heads up****

While searching through either this forum, or the other one I read about someone who had first hand experience with Ultimate Racing, needless to say, they did not speak highly. I would search and search to locate that info if I was you. Like I said it is either in evotuners.net somewhere, or the other forums.....
Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

You wanted to do something new? I would HIGHLY ADVISE against "experimenting" when it comes to purchasing a built motor. I mean, if you want to test a new MBC or a new BOV, that's fine, but when it comes to paying $3k+ on a built motor, I think you really want to go with someone who knows what their doing, is proven to make a great motor, has raced the hell out of their own motors with great success, and who has many customers running that same motor with great success. The above does not describe UR, but it does describe BR and AMS. It's totally up to you, but if your only reason for doing that is because you want to "try something new," then I highly recommend thinking twice about that.

HKS 272 IN/EX is your set of cams - you listed HKS CAMS as if they were separate. Did you mean HKS cam gears? You said you had most of what I listed, but to be clear, I said AGGRESSIVE cams and a DUAL fuel pump setup. A single Walbro won't cut it, and although your regular HKS cams are fine, they will not maximize this setup. I suggest the AEM EMS or MOTEC over the Power FC. Not sure why you have that, but I'm guessing it may have something to do with being Outside North America. No one really uses that device here.

As for the head gasket, once again, don't just randomly choose something or ask us. Ask the person who builds your head and motor!! If you get a stg3 head from Buschur and the Buschur 2.3 stroker, they will tell you exactly what you need if it isn't already included in the kit.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah i just did alittle digging around on the UR stroker, and was not good reviews like you said. So im looking into the Buschur kit right now. I ment to put Cam Gears, and 272cams.
Is the Lift/duration on the HKS not good enough,should i send the 272 back and get the 280? I dont want it to be to agressive because it will be a daily driven car also. I live in Hawaii, Not alot of sources to choose from out here ya know, But originally from Orlando,FL. Man im going to have to start a new check list. lol
Old 01-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

They will be ok, but they are not going to maximize a big turbo. However, if you get a stroker, it won't be high-revving anyway, so you have to balance all of those aspects. When I said "aggressive," I wasn't talking about going from 272 to 280...anything HKS is not going to compare to some real cams like the ones made by Jun and Revolver. Those are SERIOUS cams made for big turbo cars with standalone ECUs, which you will have.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Some other kits to look at would be Jackson Auto Machine and Magnus Motorsports. My 2.3 stroker was built by Jackson (albeit in a DSM, but they've been doing Evo stuff for a while now too). I'm very happy with my purchase.

These shops are not big on forum marketing like some of the other popular names in the industry so you might not have heard a lot about them but they tend to put out good stuff. I know Jackson does a lot of business around the world as well.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 338whp/371 lb-ft
Club Region: Pacific Northwest
i had JAM send me a new built 2.0 for my old gsx and beat on the motor for 3 years before i sold it and i never had a problem.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the good words

The most popular setup is the St.3 2.3L shortblock and head along with the GT35. It makes awesome power without sacrificing streetability, longevity or reliability.

Last edited by Warrtalon; 01-26-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: We'd love to have you as a supporting vendor, but until then, no advertising please =)
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsniper View Post
Just Thought I Would try something new with the UR stroker kit.
Right now i have most of the items you mentioned, except for the FMIC,but i have a Power FC DJ,1000cc RC's, 255fp, HKS 272in/ex, HKS Cams,and everything for the exhaust. have not installed any of it yet since in not home right now and im just waiting to see if i would get the stroker kit. What kind of Head Gasket should i use, and is there any special head gasket i have to have in order to compensate for it being bored?
If not then im going to get the HKS Metal Head. Just need to know if it will work.
Do 280 cams. You'll want 280s on this motor. 1000cc injectors are a great choice. You definatly want to get that head ported. I use cometic head gasket on my stroker. What about clutch and tranny work?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

correct me if im wrong but someone told me that bc makes a 2.4l stroker kit for the evo? has anyone had any expiriance or heard anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement