Thinking of some cams... - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Cylinder Head & Short Block
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Cylinder Head & Short Block Cams, valvetrain, pistons, rods, stroker kits, swaps, etc. Advanced modification discussions only.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
Scott Gray has has shed some doubt on the 264/272 combo in CA, while the 264's are an almost lock. I'll call up FP.
Thanks Luda.
I had talked to two guys in the Bay Area who had passed with the combo. I had not tried it myself. I chose a similar combo (Comp Cams) in hopes of being able to pass, but never had to try since I moved out of CA a couple months ago. I still haven't gone in to do my smog test here in CO, but I don't think I need to worry. People out here are passing with 272/272 and a cat. It's a bit more lenient.... and I hear that they're getting rid of emissions tests altogether next year. Oh how I love CO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Here is some food for thought.... my web cams came from RRE. Great shop, but the warrenty on the cams is only for the cams themselves.... not for any engine damage they do.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I'm definatly going to keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris
People out here are passing with 272/272 and a cat. It's a bit more lenient.... and I hear that they're getting rid of emissions tests altogether next year. Oh how I love CO.
Hmmm... Colorado.... hmmm???

Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I spoke to FP about the 119100's;
Do not require upgraded springs (11.0mm lift) unless reving well past redline (that's not me )
Do not require cam gears/shims and the pins line up perfect
Made from new billet/not a regrind
I'm not affraid to try something new and can't find a valid reason not to try these cams, except I'm married with children...
Hopefully wifey gets me one for our anniversary and one for x-mas.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Larry, I'm using used HKS 264/264 and I'm really happy with it. Idle's great and not lopey at all. I made 314whp on 91 @ 22 psi and 379whp on 101 @ 28 psi. I had TT install everything. Only head studs were changed with the cam install. Stock cam gears.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Well, all bets are off.
Some 264/264 GSC's just came in today for a screaming price I couldn't pass up. Once they are installed I might head over to do the dyno too.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

Are you also replacing head studs?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Is it xmas already?? :lol:
Old 10-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Naw, keeping stock head studs and just not uber-boosting.
My anniversary gift came a little early. She great!

Old 10-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Tri State
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry
Thanks Keith.
Web Cams are right in the next city from me, but I'm not considering them. One of the cams I listed should check out OK though... right?

Again, I'm not going with any set up that includes a 272; not beacause of idle/drivabilty, but because of CA smog tests.

Then go 272 INTAKE and 264 EXHAUST, it's the exhaust Cams that cause emissions as they stay open longer, the Intake one is fine and will not add to emissions.

Dude just find a guy who does emissions and pay the Dude, I do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement