AfterMarket Suspension Parts?!?!?!?! - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2006, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

AfterMarket Suspension Parts?!?!?!?!

Ok..i did a dumb thing and let my friend drive my car...in the process he cracked my wheel..err, more like destroyed it...in any event, im pretty sure he may have bent some components to my suspension. i was wondering if anybody knew of any companies that produce aftermarket suspension parts such as: upper and lower control arms, tie rods, tie rod ends...and things of that nature. if so, please let me know what companies..and what you think would be the best to go with if you know. thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Damn... I hope you guys can still be friends.
I haven't looked into suspension components like that, but I saw this thread a while back. It's a bit much;
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=17001.0
Maybe contact some vendors and see if they have stock pieces laying around???

Old 04-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

haha...we are still cool. he is paying for any parts damaged by him..so thats nice. but i recently called vivid racing..and spoke with a guy there, and he led me on to some parts like that by JIC. when i get the full details..i will post..but apparently they are one of the only companies out there making aftermarket stuff like this for the evo. and thanks for the thread.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

are the aftermarket control arms you are looking at cheaper than OEM? OEM control arms are really good. i wouldn't recommend adjustable control arms unless you are a hardcore racer

Liam
Old 04-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

always seems to be an evo parting out somewhere. on the other board about one a week.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

ok heres the thing...is it easy to bend the stock lower control arms..i wouldnt think it would be. Im not 100% sure there bent..i was just kinda going on the fact that i couldnt get it back to the degree of camber i had it at...but i assume there could be some other factors in play that could have something to do with that. im gonna look deeper into it as far to see if my stockers are bent...but just incase people are curious...i did find some aftermarket lower control arms, tie rods (toe adjusting rods) and tie rod ends for the CT9A chassis. they are made by Nagisa Auto from japan (NAMS) they make some pretty beasty circuit cars. The front two are around $1400 dollars and the rear are about $750...for the lower control arms... thats why i plan on sticking with stock ones....but if anyone is hardcore into it..and needs the extreme angles these babies can get..you can find them at www.more-japan.com . thanks for the help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement