EBC Green stuff brake pads... - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

EBC Green stuff brake pads...

So I'm getting ready to do my brakes and I need to decide on some pads. Has anyone ever used the EBC green stuff brake pads?? Here is some info off lancershops website...

More Info! EBC Green Stuff Front Brake Pads : EVO 8

The friction coefficient of the EBC compound is 30-40% higher than common pads, yet rotor wear is minimal. Suitable for use on the street or light track use. Includes complete front set right & left pads.

Fits: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Part # List Price: $109.99

Our price: $96.95 , Save 11%

I take the car to the drag strip maybe 2 times a yearand I dont auto X just canyon carve!!! I'm just looking for a pad that is as good as the stock ones... and hopefully have less brake dust Also price. Anyone have any suggestions, opinions??
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: SoCal
I am currently using the ebc green stuff brake pads and they are just as good if not a little better, unfortianately brake dust is still there the surface area on this brakes is prity big and make a mess try to get the brake covers to eliminate the brake dust. I do recomend them and the price sounds prity good because the replacement brembos are realy pricy.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have them on my eclipse's alcon calipers and have had no problems. There a good replacement for an oem pad, plus they have a little better initial bite. The price really cant be beat. However if you canyon carve, and really get on your brakes they will not hold up. They overheat just as easily as the stock pads but will retain more heat, being that there made of kevlar, and that means warped rotors. Trust me when I say they are not meant for spirited driving, and if you see the canyons in any way like I do than they will not hold up well. Look to something a little more aggresive.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey thanks for the input guys.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I have the Project MU type NS front pads and they work better then stock and there is way less brake dust compared to the rear brakes. When I wash my car the rear wheels are covered and the front ones look almost clean. I paid $85 shipped for mine.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Midwest
Do the Project Mu squeak as bad as the Hawk pads?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
not the type NS, they are a street pad. If you get the next step up in pads from project Mu they are more aggressive and I heard will squeak but i have had no problems with the type NS pads
Old 09-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah Im currently running the project mu b force, which is the upgrade from the ns. They squeak to no end, just like the hawks. They really arent aggresive enough. If you want to step into a street/strip pad look at the ferodo ds 2500 pads, those are pretty sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement