Forge brake cooling ducts vs oem brake air guides - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Forge brake cooling ducts vs oem brake air guides

Hi everyone. I'm thinking to buy one of them but I don't know if the forge one worth the money. Mitsubishi oem brake air guides $110.00 vs forge $350.00.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Dynosheet: 424whp/401 lb-ft
Got a link to see the OEM air guides? I know what the Forge kit looks like.

It all depends on where it dumps the air really. Ideally you want it dumping air right into the center of the rotor.

You could probably pay a local shop to fab up some 2.5" aluminum tubing connected to a flange and pick up some brake ducting from Pegasus Racing for cheaper than the Forge kit. Just depends how involved you want to get.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can see it in www.mitsubishiparts.com. Mitsubishi used it in their rally cars.The part number is MZ555004EX.Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I've never used either one, but a couple of the track guys here run the Mitsu's and swear by them.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just buy the original ones and going to install it today.I will be on a track day on Sunday and tell my feed back.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Any feedback?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

ghoonk,

I found the mitsu piece to be helpful but if you are already in a hot location and are running on a track I would encourage you yo do the focused cooling ducts such as the gsc or forge units. street use should be fine with the mitsu piece.

I live in the pacific northwest, sort of a british isle type weather, the mitsu guides worked well enough here, even on a track. people in south calif. complain bitterly that they need the real air directors.
as a side note two piece rotors are able to handle a bit more temp than stock rotors.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

It works perfectly for the track (10-15 minutes sessions). No complains at all. I think I made the right choice. PD They affect a little the ground clearance so if you have lowering spring you have to be careful with them.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Ambient temps here in Dubai are around 103F now, and track evening sessions are around 20 minutes long.

My car is lowered (but I still have over an inch of clearance between the front arches and wheels) and corner balanced and as it is, I'm already clipping my Cusco Lower Arm Bar I on some bad roads, so this might not be a bad idea.

I'm also running Performance Friction Direct Drive 2-piece rotors, and but I still get fluid fade on a tight string of fast corners.

Seems that I might have to consider a DIY setup since shipping to the Emirates is ridiculously expensive and would easily cost at least half the what the Forge guide would cost.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi ghoonk,the first thing I do with my car was change the brake lines to ss and the brake fluid to motul 600,there is no fade after that upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement