Megan Coil Overs - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Megan Coil Overs

Hello, has anybody tried the megan coil over set? I tried a few of there items, exhaust, DP, manifold and they are EXECELENT. There coil set sells very cheap 900 to 1k shipped.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

we run these coilovers on just about every car you can think of and they have never once let us down. We have installed them on EVO's, DSM, WRX, 240sx and MR2 and they always deliver. great for daily yet adjustable enough to be descent track coilovers too.

these are a terrific value.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPGarage
we run these coilovers on just about every car you can think of and they have never once let us down. We have installed them on EVO's, DSM, WRX, 240sx and MR2 and they always deliver. great for daily yet adjustable enough to be descent track coilovers too.

these are a terrific value.
Thanks for the info. I am very happy with megan so I would like to stick with them. Would you happed to know the specs on the coil overs for the evo?

Old 03-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

if you mean spring rates it is 8kg in the front and 6kg in the rear. We have actually mixed them up a bit and used different springs for people that wanted something more aggressive. for example we had on customer ask for a 12kg Front and 12kg Rear configuration.

the 8/6 setup works awesome though. We like them a lot.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPGarage
if you mean spring rates it is 8kg in the front and 6kg in the rear. We have actually mixed them up a bit and used different springs for people that wanted something more aggressive. for example we had on customer ask for a 12kg Front and 12kg Rear configuration.

the 8/6 setup works awesome though. We like them a lot.
Thank's I plan on buying them withing a few weeks.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey guys, Jey here. I would just like to give my input on this topic...I am Megan Racings sponsored evo and i know my opinion is partcial, however i race religiously from mountain courses, autox , roadcourse and so on. I can not tell you how much i loooooooove these coilovers very predictable very aggressive but at the same time fully adjustable so im able to have a comfy daily driver. You cant beat the price and at the same time, u dont pay for the brand name. Excellent product excellent quallity.

Last edited by turbolarry; 03-19-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

when was the last time you were at an auto-x or road course? last time I checked it was never. unless something as happened in the last month I talked to you.
I know you run these coilovers and dont' doubt your input on the street, but please dont' talk about track events when you have never been
Old 03-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Also, for those of you that do SERIOUS track days, you should know the evo likes to understeer. To compensate this in suspension you usually would add negative camber up front and possible a toe out in the rear. When it comes to spring rates and shock settings, to get better rear rotation you want a stiffer rear than front.
My point is, if you are hardcore about racing, you want the rear springs to be stiffer than the fronts. If you can I'd opt for a 6/8 set up for 7/9. 12kg seems a bit overkill to me
Old 03-22-2006, 11:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldstang50
Also, for those of you that do SERIOUS track days, you should know the evo likes to understeer. To compensate this in suspension you usually would add negative camber up front and possible a toe out in the rear. When it comes to spring rates and shock settings, to get better rear rotation you want a stiffer rear than front.
My point is, if you are hardcore about racing, you want the rear springs to be stiffer than the fronts. If you can I'd opt for a 6/8 set up for 7/9. 12kg seems a bit overkill to me
What if your not a serious tracker but like to drive hard and like to enjoy the car what spring rate do you recommend? I am going to try the stock suspension for a while and later on move to something better. I am going to try to autox too and this weekend will be my first training course in waterbury, ct 45 bucks to join.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

When and where is the auto-x in waterbury? I'm comign up this weekend to visit my family and might try to make it. My dad currently resides in Southbury. I'll be hitting Limerock on Monday.
For daily driving purposes and the occasional track day or auto-x I would go with the 6/8 set up. The ride will be stiffer than stock but not hard enough to rattle your teeth out on the street. The rear set up will be stiff enough to allow for a better handling car than stock.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
When and where is the auto-x in waterbury? I'm comign up this weekend to visit my family and might try to make it. My dad currently resides in Southbury. I'll be hitting Limerock on Monday.
For daily driving purposes and the occasional track day or auto-x I would go with the 6/8 set up. The ride will be stiffer than stock but not hard enough to rattle your teeth out on the street. The rear set up will be stiff enough to allow for a better handling car than stock.

http://www.fcscc.com/

that's the link to the local Fairfield County Sports Car Club and they are hosting the event. Saturday is a beginner training course 45 to join and sunday is for anybody. Hit me up on an e-mail or PM if your going to go maybe we can meet up.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'll see if I can't make it. I'm supposed to be seeing my family that day. We'll see, no guarentees. I'll PM you if I'm gonna make it
Old 03-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
when was the last time you were at an auto-x or road course? last time I checked it was never. unless something as happened in the last month I talked to you.
I know you run these coilovers and dont' doubt your input on the street, but please dont' talk about track events when you have never been
And I am a witness to this being a fact.

And guess this goes along the same lines as when Jey was going to run at MIR and expecting 11 second time slips. As we know, neither happened.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Dude grow up u guys, dont come on here and bash me. You guys dont have a clue as to what ive been doing. But if u care.....

The Morris Motorsports Evo VIII(mine) does races all the time whether it be drag, autox, road coarse and time attack. And for your information the car has been running 11s.

So if you want to get on here and immaturely bash someone just cause u dont like him go ahead waste your time, just make sure you know what your talking about before u do.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Jey Morris
Morris Motorsports
www.morris-motorsports.com

And as i said before for a good setup on the street/drag/autox and for a daily driven car i believe the megan racing coilovers are definately a good setup. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Jey, it's been running 11s? I didn't think you hit an 11 yet based on our recent conversation, and I don't recall you doing any road racing or time attacks. When did you do that stuff? You can't take credit now for things you plan to do in the future. You have to do them THEN take credit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement