need tires - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

need tires

alright, so i changed my brakes today and discovered that my rear tires were shot...
so i need to get some new tires, basically i don't really want to spend the money on the oem ones but want to sacrifice as little as possible with lower priced tires, so i am just wondering if i can get some thoughts on what tires i should consider?

right now i have some toyos
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
How much are you looking to spend? How hard to you really push your car? Just about everything outhere is a step down from our Advans. I'm just a daily driver so I gave up quite a bit for increased treadwear in the Kumho MX's. The grip is OK but sidewall is soft. I might try Falken RT-615's next time.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
If you want as close to Advan performance (including tire wear, poor cold/snow/ice performance, etc) without breaking the bank, then get the RT-615s. They are VERY high performance summer tires that last a little longer than Advans but cost about half as much. I use them as my daily drivers.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Anybody have any recomendations on a place that sells tires at the best price. I usually go to Tire Rack because they're located in the Tri-state area, but they don't sell Falkens.

Jared
Old 02-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Discount Tire Direct sells the Azenis for a great price. That's where I get mine, and they usually have free shipping. In fact, I get the price online, then I go across the street to the Discount Tire store and have them do their best to match the price with mounting, balancing, and warranty included. It's a great setup...

Old 02-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thats it! The Tire Rack was always the primary tire seller that I saw in mags but there was also discount but I completely forgot their name. Thanx

Jared
Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

my biggest problem being i need them asap and i am very limited in selection around here
someone told me about fuzion zris? are those any good? from what i have read they seem to be pretty good
i am mostly only using them for daily driving
Old 02-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

No, please do not get tires like that on your Evo.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

are they no good?

pretty much my choices are between goodyear, michelin, yokohama, pirelli, continental, and i think that is pretty much it, although i think that i can probably find toyo somewhere too....those falkens look nice, but i cannot get them anywhere
Old 02-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrtalon View Post
If you want as close to Advan performance (including tire wear, poor cold/snow/ice performance, etc) without breaking the bank, then get the RT-615s. They are VERY high performance summer tires that last a little longer than Advans but cost about half as much. I use them as my daily drivers.
Sounds like the perfect tire for my wifes WRX this summer! And they come in a good size (225/45/16) for her stock rims. I have been thinking about what to get for her car, thanks for the information about them.

Keith
Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Reputation: Fourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpfulFourdoor is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriseacrett View Post
are they no good?

pretty much my choices are between goodyear, michelin, yokohama, pirelli, continental, and i think that is pretty much it, although i think that i can probably find toyo somewhere too....those falkens look nice, but i cannot get them anywhere
Discount tire direct will send them to your front door..... how can you say that you can't get them? I am confused here.

Keith
Old 02-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

I think it's a time sensitive issue, and he can't wait for shipping.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

yeah that is exactly it

i needed to get them today, and couldn't really get them any later
i will probably end up getting them eventually, like this summer and just sell the ones that i got on there to make up for some of it
Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

what i had on there was toyo proxes 4
not sure how those are, but they seemed okay they are what was on it when i got them
Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriseacrett View Post
yeah that is exactly it

i needed to get them today, and couldn't really get them any later
i will probably end up getting them eventually, like this summer and just sell the ones that i got on there to make up for some of it

Ahh, didn't realize the rear tires were that bad to the point of being dangerous, I thought they were just worn out.

How bad are the front tires? Normally you would need to replace all 4 tires, but if the fronts are in fair to good condition, and you can get the EXACT same tires for the rear you can just replace the worn out ones for now, put the new tires on the front, and the old front tires on the rear. I would not normally even consider this, but if you plan to replace the tires with new high performance tires later this spring it could save you some money.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement