Review of Project Mu B-Force Pads - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to bpclements Send a message via Yahoo to bpclements
Review of Project Mu B-Force Pads

I have been running these pads for over a week now. They are great other than the fact that they are really squeaky!!! If you are just slowing down normally they will squeal alot, but if you are slowing down any harder than normal they don't make a sound. They also offer much better braking than the stock pads. They really grab as soon as you hit the pedal and I don't really notice any fade at all. The pedal feel is alot more direct too. If you don't like all of the sqeaking you migh want to try the NS pads that Project Mu offers. I am not sure how these would perform, but they should be alot quieter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

sux they are so squeeky...but for real performance your always going to have the daily driver drawbacks... aliteration at its finest
Old 05-11-2004, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

i wanna do rotors and pads...what do you guys reccommend?

Old 05-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've got the NS because the B-force were out of stock at Mackin. The NS remind me a lot of the stock pads, but for about 1/3 the price. I think these were around $100 for the front. I'm very pleased with the NS.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Novtec1
Rotora rotors are good. Check out myevostore.com, they have them listed there. You'll need to email them though since the online store is still being built. It only accepts paypal online right now.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

hey rob didnt know youre here also,im gonna be needing some brake pads soon chief what can you recommend?
Old 05-12-2004, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Marcel, what type of driving do you do? Any track stuff?
Old 05-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

the usual canyons and backroads but im gonna try autoxing this summer also.tracks is still undecided but i might try it out on july at thunderhill.plus its my daily so im always pounding on it alot of times.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novtec1
What are you planning on doing with your evo? Track, autox, street etc?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

did you remove the backing from the factory pads? There's two shims, a metal plate, and a (woven kevlar?) piece that's stuck to the pad, you have to peel and pry it off.

If you only reuse the metal shim it WILL squeal like a stuck pig.

I'm running Ferodo DS2500's and they hardly make any noise on the street, but stop like a dead rhino on the track.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Same here. I removed the backing plates from the stock pads when installing my aftermarket pads plus I used the shim, and with liberal amounts of high temp grease, I never hear any squeaks.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
I Love my type Ns pads, No squeal and they are way better then the stock pads at a killer price. I have them in the front of my evo and the wheels are always cleaner then the rear which have stock pads, They definatly produce less brake dust. I have had them on there for about 10k and they are awesome.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Ive got the project mu bforce and I think as a performance pad they suck. I have been running them for about 3k miles. They have seen some canyons and highly spirited street driving as well as the daily commute. I have been nothing but dissapointed in them. If you get them a little hot they get brake fade and if there not hot enough you get reduced performance. I feel the window of operating temp on these pads is not big enough to enjoy. And even with all the shims and anti squeal lube they still squeak all the damn time. I think for a street car I should have stayed with the oem pads, about the only thing I think the bforce has going for them are the price. I will be switching to the ferrodo ds 2500 soon, it is a much better pad.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Just used some real race pads (well, technically they're still street usable) yesterday on the road course, and it was an amazing difference. These were the Hawk HP+, which are the most aggressive street pad they have just before going to their full race pad. I had been used to stock pads and some ceramic "race" pads that I had been testing, but neither of those came close to comparing to what these Hawks did yesterday. I was diving much deeper into corners with much more stability and smooth feedback than ever before. Unfortunately, I didn't get to combine them with my r-comps, because my V710s corded early on, but with my RT615s, they were awesome. Apparently, when I got to a dedicated race pad for track only, it gets even better...SS lines and slotted rotors are next.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

You will love the difference the ss lines will make, its night and day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement