Skid plate - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothere
the beatrush(?) attaches lower on the bumper than the stock undertray.

if you do install one be aware that your down pipe is lower than anything else under the motor.
it will rub unless you take care in installing a little spacer piece that does not show up on the instructions. the net effect is to warp the underpanel around the pipe.

it does require removing the back piece to drain the oil. it is easy though, even the guys at the speedy oil change can manage it.
I just went out and checked my clearance. I have about two inches from the skid plate to the DP. Are you sure you put the brackets in the right places?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

wartalon,
never have had a large fmic to know if it would fit or not. the stock pan is not flat. if your fmic is higher than the bottom of your bumper it should fit.
look at the picture above, the "B" pan is level with the bottom of the bumper.

jaymzz,
hmm I can't see how it could mount any different. from the attachment of the wheel well liners to the bumper no other way to mount it.. Just that little "L" piece (spacer) that holds the pan low in that one area.
right now the car is having a head replaced. (now there is a modification I could have saved some money on.) so can't look again to verify. maybe I have a freak downpipe.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement