Suspension beauty - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Suspension beauty

For anyone that went to mod this year, John Mueller had his trailer out with some very pretty suspension goodies on display. He had his silver race car out as well as some of his customers cars that those from so cal would recognize. The real beauty he had out on display with the hood popped, sport compact cars evo mr. With its beautiful moton coilovers for everyone to see.

These motons are works of art, individual rebound and compression adjustment and you can adjust the oil control from the remote resovoir, adj camber plates, the whole shebang. Probably the most beautiful suspension Ive seen for an evo without going into $10k and up suspension. For those of you that are curious the coilovers are in the $4k range. You can read the glowing review of them in the new scc. I had John give me the whole speech for the coilovers and he came over and demonstrated what he could on them. Basically compared the motons to a rolex and the buddyclubs/Jics to a timex. I have been weighing the coilover option for a while now, and it seems Im going to have to save a little while longer now because I would love nothing more than to see these on my evo.

I will pretty much take Johns word hands down with out question. If youve ever had the man work on your suspension or seen his cars you would know why. However I am curious if anyone on here has gotten a chance to see these and try them out. I do think it is overkill for my driving level, however I have no where to go but to get better and if Im buying coilovers they may as well be the only ones Ill ever purchase. So does anyone have any feedback they can share?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Double and Triple adjustable coilovers are out of 99% of drivers' leagues. Look at the GAC teams, World Challenge Cars, or other moderately high level racing series. Most of them have a dedicated engineer (or two, or three) just for setting up the suspension.

The added flexibility of separate high and low speed rebound and compression might be tempting, but for someone who doesn't know what they are doing, you can really mess up the car. You can liken it to running a full standalone engine management like AEM's EMS or Tec3 and trying to tune your car on your own. You'll most likely do more harm than good. It's not exactly a setup you "grow into". But for those who know what they are doing and for those who have the budget, it's a different story.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement