wheel vibrations - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Handling Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Handling Tech Suspension mods, brake systems, wheels, tires, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

wheel vibrations

at speeds 65ish and above when i brake my tires vibrate only slightly yet below 60 they do not, not at all, not even a little bit...
i am just trying to figure this out...i am just wondering if it is warped rotors, bad tires...or something else...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

My guess would be the rotors or an alignment issue.

Jared
Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Warped rotors is a common cause of this, but sometimes it's just uneven brake pad material buildup on the rotor tha needs to be cleaned up.

I guess the alignment and/or tires could be a cause, but it's hard to say.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

another thing that it does is when it SNOWS and when there is SNOW on the roads the front right, sometimes rear right vibrate

now this is ONLY when it snows not just when it is cold, but only when it snows...trying to figure this one out
Old 03-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Send a message via MSN to -Coles-
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriseacrett View Post
another thing that it does is when it SNOWS and when there is SNOW on the roads the front right, sometimes rear right vibrate

now this is ONLY when it snows not just when it is cold, but only when it snows...trying to figure this one out
Brake rotors/pads

Tire pressure/worn tires in extremely cold weather.

Snow/Ice buildup on the wheels. <--- this happened all the time in my Audi, something about the wheel design scooped snow into the inner rim (where the sticky weights would go) then it would freeze acting just like a weight.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

vibration

Mann, My front left tire was vibrating too. I recognized that vibration before because it has happened before. If feels like the wheel is about to come off. Earlier, I checked and all the lug nuts were LOOSE! I was like, WTH? Who or what could make ONE WHEEL's lug nuts come loose! I mean, all but one of if I could remember maybe all of them were loose. Did someone do it while I was gone or is it because of going high speeds? I was going over 120 the other day but mann, I just don't get it. Also, my brake pedal seems like its not getting any pressure..sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. My pads aren't squeakn yet; alittle here and there but nothing serious. Brake fluid is fulll also...Mann, what next?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangs4ever4g63 View Post
Mann, My front left tire was vibrating too. I recognized that vibration before because it has happened before. If feels like the wheel is about to come off. Earlier, I checked and all the lug nuts were LOOSE! I was like, WTH? Who or what could make ONE WHEEL's lug nuts come loose! I mean, all but one of if I could remember maybe all of them were loose. Did someone do it while I was gone or is it because of going high speeds? I was going over 120 the other day but mann, I just don't get it. Also, my brake pedal seems like its not getting any pressure..sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. My pads aren't squeakn yet; alittle here and there but nothing serious. Brake fluid is fulll also...Mann, what next?
Be careful, sounds like you might have a stalker or something. This happened to me in college. One of my gf ex's loosened my lug nuts and I let my sister borrow my car for an afternoon and the tire flew off when she was on the highway. Unbelievable to say the least that she didn't get hurt. Anyhow, I'd take it in and have a look to see if anything else might be wrong. Good Luck.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Tri State
If vibration is only when you apply brakes, then it is brake releated. 9 of 10 times it is worped rotors. All others have different simpstoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement