6 gear broke? - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
ok i'm back..with good news andnot so good ones. Ok i install the IC pipes including the lower one and the HKS bov.(i have to take care ofother stuff but will by a greedy) for now, and the evc-5. ok the good news is before i install the pipes i install the evc and set it up, man that was easy and was running25 psiin a heart beat holddin 23psial the way to red line, that was a kick. I mean the car was fast. Nowthe bad news ..after set up the evc then i install the pipes and the bov, the problem now is i can't get pass 15 psi and now the car is acting weard,when i put some rpms and thengoes to idle it goes to low on rpms like it want to shut off,I think this is the recycle of the bov issue. but in top of the low boost also? -. i'm waiting till tuesday to buy the greedy or other one. Now is the hks bov have to do something with the low boost when before i installed was boosting ok? will put pics this week..tnks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Outside North America
Send a message via AIM to rookhoe
Check for boost leaks. Heres a link to make one for $5. Boost Leak Tester - EvoGarage

I guarantee one of your intercooler pipes may have blown off. Or, it could just be your BOV. Doing a boost leak test will make it so you can find the leak.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
i got money on a boost leak just like rookhoe. your tb shaft seals are going to leak, since they all leak look into getting the works apeture seals. sounds like you are leaking pretty bad under WOT. good luck.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Not saying you shouldnt buy from Works, but here is a link from MachEvo.com for throttle body seals if you need them Throttle Body Seals - Maintenance

Also here is a link on evoM that shows you how to replace them, its pretty easy. How-to: Replace Throttle Body shaft seals - evolutionm.net

Once again, let us know what you find.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

so the blow to atmosphere is not the prob for low boost..also iforgot totell you guys that i got and apex neo install ever since i bought the car. but no values are been input, any way that i can correct the a/r problem for bta with the apex?.i goin to buy the parts for the test..tnks:-)
Old 11-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #36 (permalink)

get rid of the neo its not needed for our cars anymore if you have a good tuner. also vta is bad no matter what if your ecu is not setup for it.

The ones mach evo has are not upgraded seals they leak once installed. if you tested a evo 8 or evo 9 off the lot they would leak. the works are upgraded and do not leak period. this is one of the only things i have ever bought from works, because overall they are exspensive.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

here i am guys ..sorry for the delay in the reply , ok i change the BOV and put a evo 9 on it, the test the car wot in 3gear and i got 18psi of boost and the wideband was at 11.2 up to 6k rpms. Then i bought in home Dpt the parts for the boost test, now my question is for the boost test i just plug the part in the inlet of the turbo and put presure? cuz if it is like that then i got A MAYOR LEAK . ohh the pics i got them i goin to upload today..
Old 12-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #38 (permalink)

that is pretty much the test in a nut shell. make sure you have someone reading your boost gauge or have another one hooked up to your intake manifold. I was able to reach well over 30psi with 4 leaks. did you blow a pipe completely off? find the hissing or air rushing sound and then fix it. good luck. Also you are going to hear it leaking from the TB shaft seals if you have not replaced them, but it sounds like your leak is somewhere else.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #39 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Im not trying to make you sound stupid, but did you put a clamp on the tester to secure it to the turbo inlet?? A friend back home did the same thing.

I WANNA GO FAST
Old 12-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #40 (permalink)

^^^ i think we may have a winner. make sure all connections are tight.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

yep i clamp it to the turbo, i got the tb seal so i'm goin to installed in a couple off minutes, then test again hopefully this it ..will keep posted and upload the pics...
Old 12-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #42 (permalink)

even with my seals bad and 3 other major leaks my car would hold 25psi slowly falling off. you must have one hell of a leak
Old 12-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

ok, i just finish putting the seal and drove the car around. no luck still on 18 psi ..i'm ready to give up on this. otyher than that what positibly is leakin if the car is idle perfect at 850rpm the wideband in my understanding is ok from 15.2 on idle and at wot 11.2, spark plugs are new. ohh i presure the ic piping by itself meaning i disconnected from the tb and cap that end them put air thru the turbo and no leak in there but once i put it in the tb it's like a got thr tb wot..any way that the selenoid in the evc it's damage? (just thinking) did the vaccum hoses will make any difference in the selenoid or the way that they are tap?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:07 AM   #44 (permalink)

the evc will not change how high the psi will go when you do a boost leak test. you need to leave the piping hooked up to the tb and pressurize it. Are you using your EVC to see what PSI during the pressure test? if so get a cheap decent boost gauge and then check it. Listen for any air leaking or hissing, just because your idle is perfect does not mean you dont have a boost leak. take your car to someone who works on turbo cars or better yet full out evos.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
SUPER MODERATOR

Are you in Florida? If so, I know there are plenty of capable shops down there that would be able to diagnose your problem. If you dont know what youre doing, then you need to bite the bullet and take your car to a garage. I understand that its cheaper to do work yourself, but its worth it to pay instead of causing yourself more problems.

I WANNA GO FAST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement