ACD Problems - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: New England
ACD Problems

I have a 2005 Evo MR edition with about 60K miles and have been having problems with my Active Center Diff for the past year or so. The problem is all the lights are coming on once the diff warms up (about a mile or two of driving depending on outside temp.) and I was wondering if there are any common problems with this system. I have a fairly advanced generic scanner (reads powertrain, abs, airbag dtc's and more) but doesn't read anything on the ACD. Is there some sort of flash code procedure to get DTC's? I am a Chevy/Cadillac mechanic so I am not too familiar with Mitsubishi. On another topic, I am also getting a high pitch bearing type squeal at highway speeds while under very light throttle, goes away when I let off gas and when I get on the gas hard. I don't think it is related to my ACD problem, but any ideas on that would be apprecaited as well. Thanks in advance for any input you guys can offer.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 05 EVO
Club Region: Southwest
How long have you owned your evo? what are your diving habbits? What kind of modifications are done to your car? have you had drivetrain work done on it? i have an 05 evo with acd and havent had any problems with it and i havent read about much problems. If the acd problem has been going on for more than a year i'd say take it to your local mitsu dealer to have it diagnosed before it gets worse. as for the noise, my car makes a slight bearing type noise under light throttle but and also goes away under acceleration and when i let off the gas, i've had my car for two and half years and its almost stock and has always made that noise without problems and has not gotten any worse, with the 4wd system its normal to hear some whine and drivetrain noise, but if it does get worse/louder its best to get it checked by the dealer or a tuner who works on evos. hope this was of some help

Old 12-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
there has been a lot of talk about this over on some other evo boards and I think the proper solution was to bleed the ACD pump. I will see if I can find it. My friend with a 05 experienced this and then bled the acd and hasnt had a single issue with it since.

the squeal could be a wheel bearing or something else maybe driveshaft or clutch related.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement