Broke 6th? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Broke 6th?

So yesterday I jumped in my car for a quick trip to the store and on the way I found I cant shift into 6th gear. Its like it isnt even there. When I got home I checked my linkage and found the the trans will still go into 6th by manually under the hood by hand but I cant get it in with the shifter. Any chance it could be a streched cable? Or am I looking at time for a trans? Does anyone like shep or tre offer any type of performance rebuild for the 6 speed I checked there websites and see nothing about them. Or am I stuck with just the factory 6 speed that seems to give alot of people problems?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Pedal adjustment? It's worth a shot.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

maybe...

I mean maybe but that doesnt seem too likely because first through fifth are fine but hey I guess its worth a try. Its seems like the cable thats parralel to thhe fire wall isnt quite pulling enough to pull the other lever up far enough to engage 6th. (excuse my ignorance I have no idea what the proper names of thses items is) when I take the cable of the shifter inside the car and pull it by hand I can pull it just past where the shifter should and get it to go in so the more I look at the car and think about it it seems as if the cable is streched. Anyone heard of this happening in an evo ? I know it used to happen to my friends with hondas. ANd if it does end up being a cable anyone have any idea of cost and or price?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

DO YOU STILL HAVE THE STOCK BUSHINGS? If so you need to replace all the bushings under the hood and at the shifter.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

No I dont but I ordered new cables today and suppisedly they come with the cables, and I had never replaced the shifter base bushings. The new cables will be here monday sp I guess Ill see what happens when I get those and get them in the car.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Mid Atlantic
hello!!
for some reason i got the same issue in mine,i was taking a look yesterday and it seemsthe same ..like the cable is been stretch..any result in changing the cable? tnks
Old 11-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 03 EVO
Club Region: Mid Atlantic
Send a message via AIM to SicLanEvo
^^ this is over a 2 year old thread. If you have a RS model you should not have a 6th gear unless it was swapped in. anyway Has your clutch ever been changed? There is a small plastic piece that people forget to replace and it causes issues, but also it could be cables, or even the tranny itself. What other mods does your car have?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement