Changed t case fluid today so - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Changed t case fluid today so

Out of all the fluid changes I do for my 03, the t case is always the one that gives me grief. The way I change fluid on t case is by using a pump and actually measuring(yes I'm anal about this0 .58 qt and pouring it into one of those pyrex measuring glasses. So I did exactly that and as I was pumping the fluid in there was maybe 6 oz. left and all of a sudden fluid starts coming out of the fill hole. I'm like,"Full already?" Anyway I just tried to force what was left in the measuring glass and still had fluid dripping out. Ended up with a small puddle of fluid on the ground. I had the car raised on 4 jackstands on level ground too. I was wondering if anyone ever encounter this.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, I've never been able to get .58 in either and I've done the change about a half dozen times.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Due to the viscosity, you're never going to get it all out as quite a bit clings to the internals.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it

Old 07-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yup. I've done it twice, but beer bong style with a funnel and .5 inch hose. I just pour it in till it leaks out the fill hole into the drain pan. Never had a problem.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

A cylinder style hand pump works awesome for this job as well as the rear diff. Creates little mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement