Clutch for 400 hp? - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Clutch for 400 hp?

This is somewhat of an older thread although what type of clutch would you recommend at a 400 whp mark? Very interesting thread as i also would of believed the RRE no name clutch would of been the perfect canidate
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
Exedy Twin HD would be my first choice or a Tilton Hybrid Cerametallic. Both are 1300-1500 including the lightweight flywheel. If you want to stay beneath $1000, I recommend the Exedy Stg2 4-puck if you don't mind sacrificing a little 1st gear engagement comfort for awesome track performance.

I certainly would not think think that the RRE basic no-name clutch would be a candidate for 400whp (wtq is what really matters) - that's a lot of power for what is barely above stock in terms of performance.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Warrtalon is right, it's torque that matters. If you can find out how much torque is going to be at the flywheel, you can really narrow down your options.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I thought it was funny because i never recalled creating a post that read what type of clutch to use for 400 hp. I was responding to a thread really. Now to recap for someone that might of not completely understood the topic. A buddy of mine has the RRE no name clutch. I believed it was the all around perfect clutch. As we know our clutches tend to give out pretty easily with abuse so looking for a clutch was difficult. No one wants their warranty to void because of an aftermarket clutch. But the dilemna was how can you extract all that power with a stock clutch. Thats why i believed this clutch was the best to use because not even your own dealership could figure out it was a stock clutch. After reading up on it further i've read up on a few things about the clutch alone so i thank you both TURBOLARRY and WARRTALON for the advice. Overall it seems to be working great on my buddies though, for anyone that might of bought the clutch and waiting to install.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Your question deserved it's own thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement