Confused results of clutch&fly Install - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Use the scanner to pull what code is in the ECU. You do what I am saying right?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Use the scanner to pull what code is in the ECU. You do what I am saying right?
my flen which is a mechanic has a scanner.. hes on da way. he said there could be some kinda of a tongue on the flywheel preventing it from starting and not sending the code. my aim is paree4g63 if anyone can contact me there. thanks
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

it runs!

The is now running FInALLY!! It was due to bad gas!! Its still sputtering and misfiring or backfiring..whatever you may call it. It's not 100% runnin perfect! But one of my mechanic friends told me to add injector fluid and octane booster. So i did and hopefully everything will run smoothly in no time. I'm just glad its runnin! I also added a cone filter and need a tune for that. Any opinions, let me know!

P.S. My friend scanned for codes before

Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

it runs!

The is now running FInALLY!! It was due to bad gas!! Its still sputtering and misfiring or backfiring..whatever you may call it. It's not 100% runnin perfect! But one of my mechanic friends told me to add injector fluid and octane booster. So i did and hopefully everything will run smoothly in no time. I'm just glad its runnin! I also added a cone filter and need a tune for that. Any opinions, let me know!

P.S. My friend scanned for codes before I started it up and there not any. But afterwards there was a malfunction code for a speed sensor but everything seemed to be working properly on the gauges.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

What codes did it give you?

Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

codes

Quote:
What codes did it give you?
only code that came up was *malfunction speed sensor*. Other then that, the car still isn't running right. Talked to a shop, mechanical is 89 an hour and tuning is 160 an hour. I think mechanical would fall in my needs. Hopefully it doesn't take multiple hours.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Try looking at all IC piping. Also check the blow off valve as well.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Tri State
Good to hear evrything is ok. What do you mean it is not runnign right. As in whats not right about it. The sound? The drivability? The looks?.....I am just kidding.

As far as not running right, make sure you dont have any vacuum or boost leaks and you also said that the plugs were already gapped, the question is by who? Did you do it? Did someone you know did it? As far as I know the plugs do not come pre-gapped. I work in the shop and I have change few plugs and not one came pre-gapped. Also, are the plugs are oemor a replacement re they some other brand or different heat-ranges? You also have a Speed sensor code? I am getting confused with this speed sensor. Is this for your technometer or is this like cam and cas sensor. Can you give more detail on that code?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Give me the code if you can thanks.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
Give me the code if you can thanks.
Buddy of mine scanned my car while I was cruising and the only code that came up was *malfunction speed sensor*. Everything on the tachometers and gauges seem to be working fine. Earlier I checked all over the engine to see if everything was hooked up ok and I didn't see a loose hose or IC piping anywhere. I changed the oil and oil filter this morning and added engine restorer also. Hopefully that helps restore any power, compression I've lost. So far, the symtoms of my car are:

**Engine shakes alot more then it was stock.
**Driving the car is not smooth, every time I press on the gas, the engine vibrates.
**Car is very weak.. takes a million years to gradually pick up speed.
**Car bogs alot if you don't give it alotta gas to engage.
**When the A/C is turned on, It makes a beating/backfire noise in the engine and out the exhaust.
**Also, gas is draining like cr8zy and I filled it up full a couple days ago, barely driven the car. It's 1/4 below full now.
**I can smell gases around the car, could be running rich.

I haven't adjusted the clutch pedal yet and I need to do a compression test sometime soon to see whatsup. Gonna take it to a shop near the end of the month and make it run smooth again. Hopefully it's nothing severe....Spark plugs are oem now.. I put the old ones back in.

My assumptions???
**piston rings?
**cylinders?

I don't know how something could've happened cause all we did was a clutch&fly install.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Timeslip: 11.510 @ 115.12
Dynosheet: 367whp/386 lb-ft
Club Region: Rocky Mountain
Send a message via AIM to Warrtalon
He asked for the code. You already gave the text, but you haven't given the code. It's a number, what's the code?????

You keep wondering what it is, but you still haven't done a boost leak test or verified that the MAF is plugged in properly.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #27 (permalink)

Yea warr I asked for it and nothing too. If you do have the code we can help you out alot. Give us the codes that come up.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #28 (permalink)

My fault

Quote:
Yea warr I asked for it and nothing too. If you do have the code we can help you out alot. Give us the codes that come up.
I forgot to ask my buddy for the digit codes..I gotta ask him again to rescan it so we can get the codes posted on here so I can narrow the problem down. I have a cone filter purchased from AMS that comes with a adapter plate.

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=170

We took the air flow meter off the stock airbox and connected it to the aftermarket and plugged the harness into the new filter.

I'll try and get a boost leak test done locally asap!

Thanks guys..

P.S

My filter setup looks like the link down below but without the silver tubing connected to the cone filter. Mines is just connected simply to the stock tubing that goes down to the turbo. Same position my harness is hooked up to it also.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me...ntake_evo2.jpg

EDIT: Scanned code for :
Lean code 0171 {Buddy at a import performance shop I took the car to said there could be a mass air leak somewhere but also said everything looked connected}....

Last edited by yangs4ever4g63; 01-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Thank You. I will look at work on the computer when I have a chance for possible causes. If it was a NA car I would said it is a vacuum leak but since Evo is a turbocharge and a boost leak would make the car run rich. By explanation it sounds like a boost leak but the code. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. I let you know tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

running lean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
Thank You. I will look at work on the computer when I have a chance for possible causes. If it was a NA car I would said it is a vacuum leak but since Evo is a turbocharge and a boost leak would make the car run rich. By explanation it sounds like a boost leak but the code. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. I let you know tomorrow.
Yea, since you said boost leaks cause a car to run rich...The code I received was a Lean code so that would outrule the boost leak assumption. Although doing a boost leak test wouldn't hurt but gain. I'll try & find a place that can do one for me close by. Other then that, I still feel there is a air leak somewhere. It seems like the car is not breathing right{choking/backfiring}, not driving smooth. When I let go of the gas and just let it cruise, it rides smooth but once I tap the gas for acceleration, the motor shakes and the problem shows itself. I appreciate your help and hope you help me narrow down the cause. Thanks alot buddy and whoever else can give out ideas and opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement