Confused results of clutch&fly Install - Page 4 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #46 (permalink)

update on checkup

Alright..just got back from reinstalling and cleaning my cone filter.. I also sprayed brake cleaner on the maf inside and in the intake pipe to the turbo. Took out as much gunk as I could..Also, checked the spark plugs and they had black carbon stuff on it. It wasn't wet but it was dry. I took some pics with my phone of my motor. I'll find a way to post it up here. Other then that, everything looks connected to the cone filter as it's supposed to be. I've done everything I could physically do according to my limits..I'm not a experienced car person but I do know the basics. I leave everything else to the professionals in this world..No choice but to take it to a known performance shop that know's EVO'S! I'll probably take it when I get my tax refund soon! Hopefully it ain't gonna take half or more of my tax refund. I'd be disappointed cause every year I always gotta spend it quick on something I need! Sucks but hey, timing is always on my side. Thanks guys and if you have any more suggestions.. holler this way!

P.S Took it for a cruise earlier and its not accelerating as I want it too. It can't go fast and takes forever to pick up speed even if I depress the gas pedal lower. My boost gauge isn't picking up high numbers when i go beyond 3500. My gauge is in kpi..so, I have no clue what kpi translates to psi.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #47 (permalink)

it really sounds like a leak. Go thru all the IC piping and tighten up every clamp plus the blow off valve and see what happens. If you are not getting bost then that is a bad leak problem most likely.
What do you fellas think?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Pics

Check out my msn site for pics of my motor and car:

http://cid-275163d123593127.spaces.live.com/?lc=1033

Old 01-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #49 (permalink)

humm. well it does sound like a classic leak problem.
But then again my car with a dissconected pipe wont go any where. MAF is big issue. but then again it will throw a bad maf code. when u take it to a proffisional make sure to keep us updated.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: SoCal
Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Your ignition coils are on backwards!

Old 01-12-2008, 01:45 AM   #51 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Reputation: turbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpfulturbolarry is known to be trustworthy and helpful
http://cid-275163d123593127.spaces.l...123593127!151/
This is what you have right (photos 7 and 8)?
It's too late for me to go out and take a pic, but follow this and there's a few pics for reference too;
https://www.evotuners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1262
The ignition coil with the short plug wire goes in the middle (cylinders 2 and 3). The ignition coil with the long wire goes on cylinders 1 and 4.
Your not firing two cylinders and that is why your plugs are all fouled out.
I'll take a pic of what it should look in the morning too.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #52 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Throw in some new NGK BPR7ES plugs too (or plugs from the dealer) and I bet it will start up like a champ.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #53 (permalink)

Ahhh goood catch larry, the one with the long pice goes to the very far right and the long pice will go in the very far left. then the short one will go to middle left and short pice will go to middle right. best way to explain it.

There is ur problem to why u have no power, its all set up back ward. lol
Old 01-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #54 (permalink)

haha

ohh shiett... for reals? I have some newer plugs in my car but ones broken. I'll just put 3 in and one OEM in for now until I get a new pack. What about the br9's? they sound better then the 7ES'S? I'mma give it a try now!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #55 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

No. A 9 heat range will be to cold for the level of mods you have. If that's all you have, then throw them in, but get some stock heat range plugs ASAP.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #56 (permalink)

Yea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarry View Post
No. A 9 heat range will be to cold for the level of mods you have. If that's all you have, then throw them in, but get some stock heat range plugs ASAP.
The car runs like a champ NOW!! hahahaha I put in 3 bpr7eix's for the spark plugs and one OEM plug I had since my buddy broke one of the EIX'S. I'mma leave it like that until I get some Bpr7es's! I'm glad that its now running like it should!!! Thanks turbolarry and all the people that had given me advice along the way. Forums are a great tool and a great asset to everyone who drives the same cars. Two heads are better then one, right!!

Since the car is running right now, I just need to do some minor things..
**Boost leak test
**tune/reflash
**New spark plugs
**repaint my stock rims

But for now, I am glad it is AGAIN my daily driver. I was driving a piece of shit toyota corolla I used to drive before my nissan I used to own. Now I need to find auto insurance.

Thanks again... If it wasn't for the pics I took, I would've been looking at my motor every day trying to find a solution and plus be embarassed when I took it to the shop!

Greatly appreciate it! Best forum for help and answers!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:09 AM   #57 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

You're welcome. I'm glad it was an easy fix and that it's up and running.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #58 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Club Region: Pacific Northwest
I love it when a thread has a happy ending.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #59 (permalink)

:)

Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #60 (permalink)

Yeah I like happy ending... Now I wish all my noises in my car would just dissapear so I can have a happy ending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement