Confused results of clutch&fly Install - Page 5 - Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum
Mitsubishi Evo Forum Mitsubishi Evo Forum Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mitsubishi Evolution Forums: Mitsubishi Lancer Forum > Lancer Evolution Tech Forums > Drivetrain Tech
Register Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Auto Loans Classifieds Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

Drivetrain Tech Transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

EvoTuners.net is the premier Mitsubishi Evolution Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #61 (permalink)

I am glad Turbo caught that for you. See people can help if you talk to each other and Pictures always helps....lol

Also to COevo you will always have noises....It is in your head....lol Just kidding. You live close to warr give him a shout, see if he can help you out. He might now what it is by looking at it.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #62 (permalink)

question

Do I HAVE to adjust the clutch pedal? Cause it can drive pretty decent if you just take your time. It's not perfectly smooth everytime I drive but it could just be that it's an aftermarket clutch. Let me know whatsup! My car feels a bit lighter when picking up and I can hear all kinds of turbo spool. Can't wait to take it all the way after my clutch breaks in. Exhaust is coming up next!! Anyone understand kpi boost? My cousin said 1 bar is about 14psi...My gauge is part of my turbo timer and its all digital and electronic. Thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #63 (permalink)

KPi. is 14.5 is 1PSI
and yeah warr lives close i belive, i should ask him to help out. and yeah if u ave a light weight flywheel it helps, what kinda clutch do you have? my 6 puck is very hard to use. it engages close to top. little free play, and barrly any room to let go of clutch before it engages hard. lol... an BAM the noise is not in my head. lol. sometimes I think it is tho.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #64 (permalink)

Act

I got the ACT street disk(HDSS). It's almost the same as a stock clutch feel but rougher and the pedal isn't as light as before. The engaging point is almost the same as it was when I had the stock one. Close to the top. I should be alright, right? Is it hard to go in reverse for you? Cause I've had trouble before and after the clutch install. All the gears shift fine except for reverse.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #65 (permalink)

Humm. See my engages all the way at the top, and the feel is VERY hard, altho I do have a ACT 6 Puck in there so its common....
The revers problem happens when the gears dont line up right and it gets hard to get in to it. Mine did it it for a while, I had to put in in first then shift to reverse. it took about a month for mine to stop doing it. but its fine now.
But if you have had problems before then something could be wrong with the Syncros or bushing or bearing...

I could be wrong tho I am goin through this class in school so I will ask my instructor what it could be. So I can get back to you tomorrow afternoon on this matter for sure.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #66 (permalink)

Oh I see

Alright, that sounds good. Yea its hard going into reverse. It would suck if reverse never worked anymore.. haha They say you should always move forward in life.. hahaha but yea, still doesn't answer my question if I should adjust it still. It's driveable..jux depends how light or heavy your foot is.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #67 (permalink)

Always adjust it till it fells right, I gave you the info. If it feels wierd then adjust it. Better be safe then sorry.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
EVOtuners Member

Car: 06 EVO
Club Region: Tri State
Good to hear that it is running good. As far as hard to get in reverse. During my DSM days I could never go in reverse without grinding so, I started to put it in 1st,2nd and then reverse. The reverse does not have syncronizers so it is hard to enter. Some cars are like that and some are not but since my DSM I do it all the time like that on every car without thinking about it. Enjoy your car. Good Luck.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #69 (permalink)

glad..

Yea, thanks for all who had helped and tried to help.. So far my cars running ok for the moment. Gonna get a tune soon and gotta adjust the clutch pedal afterall. It's not driving as smooth as I thought it could. Gears work fine..just when disengaging and engaging the clutch is not so silky smooth. I tried looking for the rod where you adjust it at. Judging from the picture shown in the evomoto.com guide, I still can't exactly pinpoint where it is..I'm guessing its either way up under above the cluth pedal or above one of the pedals..First time adjusting it so I'd like to not mess anything up. One more question...if I adjust it soon, Do I still have to break in the clutch some more after the adjustment or it should be ok? I'm like 100 something miles away from breaking in the clutch. Couple more days and my break in period will be over. Thanks guys

P.S. That undertray for the evos is starting to annoy me..mines is worn out and the flap in the middle keeps coming off. Its annoying when my car slows down because you can hear the flap dragging against the street. They sell any new ones anywhere? Either I buy some new screws for it or get a new undercover.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #70 (permalink)

The adjustment screw is under the dash by the master cyliner, top right, you can see it if you have a flash light or something. and I dont think you should have to adjust it, cuz all ur doing is adjusting where the throw out bearing is sitting on the pressure plate. too far out wont engage all the way and ull grind gears, too far in and ull never be full engaged.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #71 (permalink)

Oh Ok

Yea, all my gears work fine, its just that the clutch pedal grabs too good I guess. haha thanks tho..
Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #72 (permalink)

Yeah well with a good clutch it will grab like hell, mine grabs hard as shit, and it sucks sometimes.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #73 (permalink)

yang, are u still having the revers problem?

If you are I asked my instructor and he said
1. It could be that ur Syncros are messed up ( not likly due to the tranny being kinda new still) or the revers idler
2. Clutch not adjused,(likly) so ajust it and all will be well.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #74 (permalink)

Seems Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coevopower View Post
yang, are u still having the revers problem?

If you are I asked my instructor and he said
1. It could be that ur Syncros are messed up ( not likly due to the tranny being kinda new still) or the revers idler
2. Clutch not adjused,(likly) so ajust it and all will be well.
My reverse seems to be going in gear easier now. I have less problems with it now then when I first had my aftermarket clutch installed. It should be ok... Thanks for looking out! Oh another thing.. Is the under engine cover necessary still? Mines is worn out and all the holes where the screws go in are torn just about. The flap keeps coming off in the middle because the screws disappeared. I'd either have to get new screws or find a new cover for the under carriage area. I know it protects the bottom of the engine from water and debris and collision. Just wondering! Thanks for looking out.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #75 (permalink)

Well When did my clutch that cover was taken off and lost. o well. ill get over it, I dont think its neccecary, but some people might want to have it on so no dirt gets up in to the engine, but I dought its neccecary cuz i havent had mine for atleast 22K, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement